Skip to Content

LG G5 Android 8 calendar not syncing

I have an LG G5 H830 locked to T-Mobile.  The LG calendar app is not syncing to my Google calendar.  As I type this on March 18, 2019, the app is showing "last synced on 3/14/19".  I pressed sync now, and nothing happened.  Setting selected to sync each time the app is started.  I just installed the Google Calendar from the Play Store, and that caused the calendars to sync; the updated calendar is now showing in LG Calendar as well.  However, Contacts are still showing last synced on 3/14/19.  The Contacts line has a up arrow and down arrow in a circle, which appears to mean "click me to sync".  But when I press that, it just turns sync off.

LG G5 Android 8 calendar not syncing

Posted on 2019-03-18 22:10:10 edited March 2019 T-Mobile Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
I have an LG G5 H830 locked to T-Mobile.  The LG calendar app is not syncing to my Google calendar.  As I type this on March 18, 2019, the app is showing "last synced on 3/14/19".  I pressed sync now, and nothing happened.  Setting selected to sync each time the app is started.  I just installed the Google Calendar from the Play Store, and that caused the calendars to sync; the updated calendar is now showing in LG Calendar as well.  However, Contacts are still showing last synced on 3/14/19.  The Contacts line has a up arrow and down arrow in a circle, which appears to mean "click me to sync".  But when I press that, it just turns sync off.

Is this just an unreliable app?  I don't really like the way Google Calendar works.  Maybe I'll try clearing data for the LG app and see if that fixes the problem.  Thanks.

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG G5 Android 8 calendar not syncing

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-03-19 19:02:53 Vote Up0Vote Down
    GuyRouillier, Prior to downloading the Google calendar, was the built in calendar app in the device set to sync with Google? Also do you have the contacts setup to be synced with google as well? 

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!