Skip to Content

V40 ThinQ losing phone functionality and sound

I have a week old V40 ThinQ and I have been having issues with the phone not working.  On occasion it will not allow me to hear or talk once I answer a phone call.  If I re-start the phone, the functionality is restored.  I get the same issue with sound for my media and alarm.  I perform a re-start and everything works for a while.  I can not determine what is causing the issue or sequence of events.

V40 ThinQ losing phone functionality and sound

Posted on 2019-03-19 12:03:23 Verizon Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a week old V40 ThinQ and I have been having issues with the phone not working.  On occasion it will not allow me to hear or talk once I answer a phone call.  If I re-start the phone, the functionality is restored.  I get the same issue with sound for my media and alarm.  I perform a re-start and everything works for a while.  I can not determine what is causing the issue or sequence of events.
I am on Android 8.1.0
security path from 2/1/19
LG Software version V405UA10e

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: V40 ThinQ losing phone functionality and sound

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-03-19 18:25:47 Vote Up0Vote Down
    jneltner, so there is no volume until the device is restarted? Are you using a Bluetooth device when this occurs or the phone speaker? 

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

jneltnerjneltner Member
    Posted on 2019-03-19 19:06:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am using the built in speaker - specifically the speaker for the ear.  In addition the mic doesn't work either on occasion. 
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-03-19 19:19:38 Vote Up0Vote Down
    When you say occasionally does it happen once or twice a week, or once or twice a month?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!