Skip to Content

Invalid Format

PLEASE help! I have spent 5 days troubleshooting my laptop to my new TV. I have tried absolutely everything.

Invalid Format

Posted on 2019-03-19 13:40:47 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
PLEASE help! I have spent 5 days troubleshooting my laptop to my new TV. I have tried absolutely everything. I am trying to mirror my laptop to my TV with an hdmi cable. I am able to take my laptop upstairs to my older LG TV, and it's plug and play. Please let me know what I can do to resolve this, or IF this isn't an option. I have tried two laptops on the new TV with no luck. I have adjusted resolutions, swapped out cables, updated drivers, bought different adapters, literally everything. It will NOT clone my laptop. "Invalid Format" since day one. I am starting to think this TV is not capable of being used as another monitor. My model is 65SK8000PUA, I am using a Windows 10 laptop. I know it's something with the TV settings. It won't work with two laptops, but will work on 2 other LG TV's in the house. Thank you. 

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Invalid Format

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-03-19 18:22:23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    tjobrian, does the HDMIs work with other devices? Also what is the model number to the laptops you have tried? Also check that HDMI Deep Color is turned off (Settings > All Settings > General > HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color > ensure it is turned off for the corresponding HDMI ports). 

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

HenryK9HenryK9 Member
    Posted on 2019-09-11 23:35:11 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Hi,

Switching "Deep Color" off on the offending HDMI, fixed the problem of "Invalid Format" I had with connecting Oppo BD95 to LGC6.
    RoBeRMD
  • Reply Title Icon

RoBeRMDRoBeRMD Member
    Posted on 2019-10-01 00:57:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you HenryK9, your advice was very helpful, I had the same problem with my Oppo