Skip to Content

My Smart Thinq App will not password?

Hi, I have an LG Ductless AC and Heating unit. It's essentially brand new, had it a few months.

My Smart Thinq App will not password?

Posted on 2019-03-25 20:23:09 edited March 25 Split Systems Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi, I have an LG Ductless AC and Heating unit. It's essentially brand new, had it a few months. I had the app working for about a week and then when I powered down the unit from the remote, I was never able to get back on via Wifi. I tried everything listed, re-downloaded the app about 12 times yada yada yada....nothing seems to work. The phone I'm using is an iPhone 6s OS X 12. This is what I do: 1. login and open the Smart Thinq App. 2. Hit the plus sign to chose the proper unit to register on the app. 3. I activate the units wifi indicator till it's blinking. 4. Chose the wifi network for the unit (LGE_AC-14-86-b8) which then asks me for a password. 5. Input the password located on the Smart Think App for this network and I get a message saying. "Unable to join the network" and every blue moon, a message saying that the "password is incorrect." This is seems like such a pedestrian issue...can someone please offer some advice on how to get this going???? And by the way, I sent an email to Smart Thinq, and no response as of yet...going on days now since I sent it. Thanks...

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: My Smart Thinq App will not password?

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-03-26 16:58:20 Vote Up0Vote Down
    engmix, have you powered off your IPhone and powered it back on? I have seen where IPhones won't connect to the unit even though the credentials are correct. Try this and let me know if it works.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!