Skip to Content

65B7A OLED Sound Issue and Cable Box set-up issue

I have a recent issue. I've had the TV for about 7 months.

65B7A OLED Sound Issue and Cable Box set-up issue

Posted on 2019-03-26 18:37:44 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a recent issue. I've had the TV for about 7 months. I have a Hotwire Cable box by Technocolor (no, I never heard of them either and they are not on the list of cable boxes in the devise set-up). I also use a ZVOX 5.1 sound stand. The cable goes to the TV and the TV uses an optical cable to the ZVOX. Just recently when I fast forward a taped show on my cable box, when I stop the fast forward (after the commercial is over) the sound re-starts, but the center (speaking) channel cuts out. So I hear music but no voices. the center channel can then not be heard on either the cable box, the taped shows or my apple TV when tuning in a dolby 5.1 output show. (On non-dolby 5.1 shows I can still hear everything, but I believe that is because there is no discreet center channel). BTW, if I turn off the TV at this point and wait about an hour it goes back to full 5.1 when the TV is turned back on. At least that's how long I waited and it did not work when I turned the TV on and off right after each other. If anyone knows why this is happening or how to fix it, please tell me. 

Second question/issue; which devise box number (there are 75 "boxes not listed" to try) should the Technocolor box be paired with in the devise set-up menu? 

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 65B7A OLED Sound Issue and Cable Box set-up issue

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-03-29 16:00:52 Vote Up0Vote Down

mstern6602, is it only limited to fast forwarding on the Hotwire STB or does it happened if you rewind also? Have you seen it when using apps? If you fast forward while watching a show on Netflix does it happen there also?

Question 2: it would not. The 75 codes showing would be from the manufacturers already on the list. It would only work if the STB would work with one of the other manufacturers' codes.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!