Skip to Content

LG 65UH6030 XBOX One X HDMI Loss

So about 1.5 months ago, I started running into an issue where my Xbox One X would lose HDMI signal when playing a game in HDR.  Some nights, I can get through a full night of gaming (~4 hours for me) and no drops.  Other nights, I can lose HDMI signal after about 45 mins to an  hour of playing.  No real rhyme or reason that I can see why it's happening but I do notice that my HDR mode flickers a bit before the drops usually.  Unplugging the HDMI cable and re-plugging from the XBOX seems to return the video signal or hitting the XBox button and hitting A (to go back to Home screen) sometimes brings it back as well.

LG 65UH6030 XBOX One X HDMI Loss

Posted on 2019-04-05 13:44:43 edited April 2019 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down

So about 1.5 months ago, I started running into an issue where my Xbox One X would lose HDMI signal when playing a game in HDR.  Some nights, I can get through a full night of gaming (~4 hours for me) and no drops.  Other nights, I can lose HDMI signal after about 45 mins to an  hour of playing.  No real rhyme or reason that I can see why it's happening but I do notice that my HDR mode flickers a bit before the drops usually.  Unplugging the HDMI cable and re-plugging from the XBOX seems to return the video signal or hitting the XBox button and hitting A (to go back to Home screen) sometimes brings it back as well.

Here's what I've done so far:

- Unchecked the YCC 4:2:2 option in XBOX settings (it was checked originally)

- Switched from 8 bit to 10 bit and back to 8 bit again (per a Reddit post recommendation)

- Switched to a new HDMI Premium cable

After switching the cables up, it seemed to do a bit better (still had some drops) but now it's dropping frequently again.  I have a LG 65UH6030 model 4K TV and it's worked beautifully for over a year before it started dropping like this.  I've seen numerous topics on XBOX Support, Reddit, LG Support Forums with similar issues with both LG and Samsung TV's.  Short of sending the XBOX in for repair, I'm not sure what else can be done at this point.

Any ideas or known issues that I should be aware of?

Tagged:

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG 65UH6030 XBOX One X HDMI Loss

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-04-05 16:37:57 Vote Up5Vote Down
    kosmokoehler, in the Xbox menu go to System > Settings > Display & sound, then choose Advanced video settings > 4K TV details. Does any of the options there have a "!"? if so which ones?
    albert_S21

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

kosmokoehlerkosmokoehler Member
    Posted on 2019-04-22 20:00:14 edited April 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Jamal, sorry - just seeing this.  I believe most of them had green ticks in each of them - I'll check later tonight and update.  I had seemingly fixed it but about a week later, I lost signal altogether and when I do get it back, it only stays for about 2-3 seconds before it flickers to a black screen or a No Signal screen.  
  • Reply Title Icon

kosmokoehlerkosmokoehler Member
    Posted on 2019-04-22 23:20:42 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Jamal, the only ! Option is for video playback at 50hz which I'm not too concerned with since I mainly use the Xbox for gaming and not videos.  Any idea what could be causing the frequent HDMI signal loss every few seconds to a black screen?
    albert_S21
  • Reply Title Icon

albert_S21albert_S21 Member
    Posted on 2019-08-24 21:46:53 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm having the same problem here with the LG 55 UH6030 television, I've followed the instructions from reddit posts and youtube videos but it still doesn't let me switch back to 4k settings, from what I've heard, it was an update that made all xbox one x consoles start to have problems displaying 4k, in my settings on 4k details it says my television supports 4k at 60 hz but on movies and TV an (!) Mark says that the tv setup doesnt support 4k at 50 HZ, I didnt have this problem before...I also have been switching from the xbox hdmi cable to a newer premium cable as well, still the same problem, hopefully this gets resolved at Microsoft