Skip to Content

HDMI ARC Stopped working on 55UH615A

I have the ARC cable set up between the TV and my home theater. It has worked for over two years.

HDMI ARC Stopped working on 55UH615A

Posted on 2019-04-06 22:15:03 edited April 2019 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I have the ARC cable set up between the TV and my home theater. It has worked for over two years. There were occasional glitches easily cured by unplugging the receiver, TV, and all cables. Now ARC has stopped working completely - no sound no control. I've replaced the HDMI cable, made sure ARC and Simplink were turned on on both the TV and receiver, unplugged everything for a few hours, and did a soft reset. No luck. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is there a way to do a hard reset, perhaps?

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: HDMI ARC Stopped working on 55UH615A

Posted on 2019-04-09 20:39:09 Vote Up5Vote Down
    You can perform a reset on the HDMI ports by pressing the MUTE nutton on the LG remote 3 times. It will pull up a menu on the bottom of the screen and you would need to select AV RESET. This will reset all picture settings on the HDMI ports as well. This helps in some instances. You can also do a factory reset by going to Settings > All Setings > General > Reset to Initial Settings. If neither of these resets correct the problem, the next step would be service. 
    Axie

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: HDMI ARC Stopped working on 55UH615A

AxieAxie Member
    Posted on 2019-04-09 21:43:18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The AV reset worked perfectly. Thanks.