Skip to Content

New LG LMXS28626S fridge can't "reconnect" wifi?

I have a < 1 week old LG LMXS28626S fridge, and was able to setup the wifi and register it with the SmartThinQ app on day 1.

New LG LMXS28626S fridge can't "reconnect" wifi?

Posted on 2019-04-20 19:28:42 edited April 20 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a < 1 week old LG LMXS28626S fridge, and was able to setup the wifi and register it with the SmartThinQ app on day 1. Today I noticed that the "Smart Grid/Wifi" lights were not coming on when I open the fridge, and my SmartThinQ app says the fridge is "Disconnected." So I reset my router, un-registered the fridge from the app, pushed the Smart Grid/Wifi button on fridge for 3 secs until Wifi light was blinking, and am trying to re-add it. However, I don't see the LG_Smart_Fridge_XXXX network on my iPhone's wifi settings (I turned my phone on/off). Any clues?

I'm an IT person so I don't usually stumble when it comes to techie stuff but this one baffles me.

12 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: New LG LMXS28626S fridge can't "reconnect" wifi?

ZillaGZillaG Member
    Posted on 2019-04-20 20:05:43 Vote Up10Vote Down
    Wow, other LG owners had similar issues. From their posts, I unplugged/plugged my fridge, and was able to get the wifi to work. This sucks if I have to do this (unplug/plug) fridge when I have wifi issues.
    Urosrgnbettsr67
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-04-22 16:59:09 Vote Up10Vote Down
    ZillaG, in most cases power off/on the mobile device corrects this issue. However, in some cases the unit needs to be unplugged for resetting as with a Wi-Fi router.  
    Urosrgnbettsr67

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

UrosrgnUrosrgn Member
    Posted on 2019-04-25 11:11:07 edited April 25 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I registered mine  and it stays connected and online for a few days , then for some random reason will disconnect from the internet .  I had the same issue trying to  reset up the connection and not seeing LG_Smart_Fridge_XXXX network on my iPhone's wifi settings.   But simply  pulling  the refrigerator out , unplug it for 30 seconds and when plugged back in  works flawlessly until the next time is disconnects .  My mother has the exact same model and the same issue and solution  with hers !!!! Seems like many others have the same issue .    I think LG  needs to push a patch to the firmware 
    bettsr67
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-04-26 17:10:49 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Urosrgn, the problem has been escalated and we are working on getting it resolved. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    bettsr67

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

bettsr67bettsr67 Member
    Posted on 2019-05-07 04:51:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same issue Unplugged and now works again. Thanks Urosrgn 
  • Reply Title Icon

dkodgisdkodgis Member
    Posted on 2019-09-18 16:10:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the same issues with my LG fridge disconnecting from the wifi.  It started about early April 2019.  The connection lasts a day.  Shutting the power off for 30 seconds does it for me. The wifi connection is suddenly there (for a day).  All of the daily, monthly, yearly info is there in the app.  I have it on a 2.4 network. I have used my cell phone hot spot...whatever the connection, it drops almost precisely 24 hours later.  That is consistent. I bought the refrigerator because I wanted the open door notification. This issue has soured me on LG. The repairman says nothing is wrong and he does not even know where the wifi module is located. So it can't be serviced nor repaired and the dealer, the repair service, and LG don't know why. If I could, I would wheel it outside and junk it. A few thousand dollars later...
  • Reply Title Icon

gophernategophernate Member
    Posted on 2019-10-22 21:10:54 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same issue here.  Month old fridge lost wifi.  I turned off the breaker to kill the power.  Waited a minute and turned back on.  Wifi reconnected for about 1 minute and then lost it again.  Need fixed.
  • Reply Title Icon

jjsor48jjsor48 Member
    Posted on 2019-11-01 02:48:10 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Apparently, after over 6 months telling everyone their wi-fi issue is being escalated, still no fix!?
    Guess I won't be buying LG.
  • Reply Title Icon

seamossseamoss Member
    Posted on 2019-11-12 00:38:13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have a brand new fridge that was just delivered and it WILL NOT connect to the ThinQ application.  I have followed all steps, reset my router, reset the fridge and NOTHING works.  This is a terrible product and even worse support by LG.  Complete and total JUNK.
  • Reply Title Icon

thern001thern001 Member
    Posted on 2019-11-12 12:36:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having the same problem with my refrigerator and my stove. At least the dishwasher works correctly and hasn’t disconnected once. 
  • Reply Title Icon

AbakerAbaker Member
    Posted on 2019-11-12 16:37:20 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having the same issue with my refrigerator and it's completely frustrating.  Is there not some update or something to fix this issue?  Our fridge is only 5 months old and it started disconnecting from the wifi within the first couple of weeks.  
  • Reply Title Icon

ccwilliaccwillia Member
    Posted on 2019-11-16 21:58:12 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the same issue with my stove and refrigerator as well.  Any updates?  Mine were working flawlessly for about 6 months which makes me feel like LG pushed some sort of update