Skip to Content

Cloudy look on cooktop

I purchased 5 LG appliances last July including a stove - LSE4613BD - black diamond with black cooktop.

Cloudy look on cooktop

Posted on 2019-04-25 17:34:43 Cooking Appliances Vote Up0Vote Down
I purchased 5 LG appliances last July including a stove - LSE4613BD - black diamond with black cooktop. In November it started getting this cloudy appearance that NOTHING would take off. Called LG customer service and they had someone come out and replace after several attempts to obtain the correct cooktop for this stove, since it appears there are 5 of them. Still the one they replaced it with is not correct though it works. Has too many circles for the burners in the right front. Either way, the cloudy appearance is now appearing again in various places, though I hardly use the stove and LG is refusing to replace the cooktop.

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Cloudy look on cooktop

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-04-26 17:34:57 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    ReneRN, Can you provide a photo of the problem for review?
    ReneRN

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

ReneRNReneRN Member
    Posted on 2019-04-27 20:12:21 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It's very difficult to get a photo with a cell phone with a black cooktop. I have suggested that it could be underneath the cooktop since absolutely nothing removes the cloudiness. It's appearing in another spot also. There must be something LG can do. This $1800 stove is less than a year old and not used often. It's unsightly. 
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-05-01 17:33:44 edited May 1 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Since pictures would not show the issue, service will be needed for a diagnosis by our Technical Support Team.  Please message LG at https://www.facebook.com/LGUSSupport/ or https://twitter.com/LGUSSupport for assistance with scheduling service. Based off their findings, they would advise of the next step.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!