Skip to Content

can the new control panels be defective?

Hello, all.

can the new control panels be defective?

Posted on 2019-04-25 18:38:25 Cooking Appliances Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello, all.
After I lost all burners but one and the oven, I purchased and replaced the control panel (383EW1N006N) twice on my LRE30453ST--Freestanding Electric Range. Both times, after clearing the codes (PF) I got nothing--no burner would work and no oven. Both times I reinstalled my bad control panel and the one burner works fine again.
Are these control panels known to be defective, or does anyone know what is going on?

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: can the new control panels be defective?

Posted on 2019-05-02 20:10:17 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Consulting with Technical Support, they recommend replacing the mainboard, 6871W1N010F.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-04-26 17:23:51 Vote Up0Vote Down
    BPaul, PF would indicate a power failure with the range. If the 2 new control panels are not working, there may be some shortening them out. I would recommend getting out a service tech for a proper diagnosis as there may be something greater at play. 

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

BPaulBPaul Member
    Posted on 2019-05-01 19:13:32 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Dear JamalofLG,
    Thank you very much for responding.
    According to the manual, the PF message/code should show whenever the range is unplugged. One retailer of the control panel stated this is the default code that should be showing up when the control panel is replaced; and it does go away when I first hit any on/off button on the range.
    If there is something shorting out the new control panels, why is it that the old one still works as it did? If the new ones had the same burner working as the old control panel, then certainly it would be an issue elsewhere. This is what has me baffled.
  • Reply Title Icon

BPaulBPaul Member
    Posted on 2019-05-05 02:55:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for the timely response JamalofFG. It is what it is, but OOOCCCHH!