Skip to Content

LG G6 Camera Metadata

Hi, I'm using my camera to document a legal situation and interested in being able to authenticate the image data.

LG G6 Camera Metadata

Posted on 2019-05-06 03:05:58 G6 Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi,

I'm using my camera to document a legal situation and interested in being able to authenticate the image data.

Looking at the EXIF data for one of the images I noticed an odd-looking entry in the UserComment field (see below). I have tweeted LG Support and will follow up by email, but would like to know if any members might know the type of encoding here.

Googling only returns that the EXIF UserComment field is normally used for ... camera user comments, except here the camera firmware appears to be embedding some very detailed data. I'm hoping that there is some  date-time encoding or perhaps a hash of the metadata information itself incorporated here that can be used to validate the image.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG G6 Camera Metadata

bobsunbobsun Member
    Posted on 2019-07-15 05:49:08 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I see the same long stream of data in the exif files of my jpeg photos. Not in dng files. 
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: LG G6 Camera Metadata

dd4jbdd4jb Member
    Posted on 2019-08-01 01:40:46 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi haleba,
    I have the same concern, have you received any update from LG Support, is there a bug that can be fixed in a fw update?