Skip to Content

Audio out of sync with video when using OLED55E7P and Comcast cable box

The audio through the internal speakers of my newly-installed OLED55E7P will not stay in sync with the video when watching cable TV or On Demand programming through Comcast.

Audio out of sync with video when using OLED55E7P and Comcast cable box

Posted on 2017-12-20 02:47:42 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
The audio through the internal speakers of my newly-installed OLED55E7P will not stay in sync with the video when watching cable TV or On Demand programming through Comcast. It starts out in sync, but the longer you watch a program, it eventually goes out of sync and the video is ahead of the audio. I've tried different settings, but can't figure out what the problem is.
Tagged:

7 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Audio out of sync with video when using OLED55E7P and Comcast cable box

BillBill Member
    Posted on 2017-12-27 14:56:12 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having this same problem while watching cable TV on Comcast. I called Comcast and they reset my cable box last night. It didn't fix the problem. When someone is talking the video is still ahead of the audio. Do I need to change a setting on the TV?
  • Reply Title Icon

RickLRickL Member
    Posted on 2017-12-28 04:20:20 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I was having this audio synch issue too.  Today I got an update and after it installed itself the audio is in synch with the picture. I got this after I reported the issue via chat and called the 800 number.
  • Reply Title Icon

chuckmccallumchuckmccallum Member
    Posted on 2018-01-01 16:11:07 Vote Up0Vote Down
    RickL  Which software update fixed the problem?
  • Reply Title Icon

RickLRickL Member
    Posted on 2018-01-02 07:45:53 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I spoke too soon.  Problem still happening today.  Gets worse over time.  I have directv box set to output Dolby Sound.  When it change it to pcm Sound, the Oled Sound syncs with the video.  The problem is not my directv box it is with the Oled tv.  Temp fix is to use pcm sound on the directv box.  
    catneu
  • Reply Title Icon

plcorirplcorir Member
    Posted on 2018-01-04 03:08:10 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I have had to do the same as RickL with my Xfinity X1 cable box and set the audio to "Stereo" (which is PCM sound) in order to have the audio and video remain in sync on the TV. The cable box has another setting for detecting Dolby sound automatically, but that is what appears to put the audo and video out of sync when I turn it on.
    catneu
  • Reply Title Icon

rlinkrlink Member
    Posted on 2018-05-18 18:32:01 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same here with Cox cable.  Have terrible lip sync issues with LG 65C8PUA TV and LG SK10Y sound bar.
  • Reply Title Icon

catneucatneu Member
    Posted on 2018-07-24 00:42:33 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Has anyone had a resolution to this problem other than setting the audio on the cable box to stereo?  We just purchased an LG OLED TV and have noticed the same thing.