Skip to Content

TV screen flickering after about 15 minutes when connected to HDMI input-UJ6300

We have 3 UJ6300 screens connected to the same HDMI Splitter, software version 5.80.15. One screen flickers when connected to any laptop.

TV screen flickering after about 15 minutes when connected to HDMI input-UJ6300

Posted on 2019-05-07 09:37:58 Super UHD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
We have 3 UJ6300 screens connected to the same HDMI Splitter, software version 5.80.15. One screen flickers when connected to any laptop. The flickering happens about 15 minutes frequency but not consistently. I have switched tried with both ports but no change. I have also changed the HDMI cable but still experiencing the problem.

Anyone with a fix, kindly help.

Thanks

5 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: TV screen flickering after about 15 minutes when connected to HDMI input-UJ6300

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-05-07 15:14:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    pgonzaga, if you bypass the splitter and connect the laptop directly to the flickering HDMI on the TV, does the flicker continue? What type of HDMI splitter are you using?  

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: TV screen flickering after about 15 minutes when connected to HDMI input-UJ6300

pgonzagapgonzaga Member
    Posted on 2019-05-08 12:41:13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi JamoloFLG, I ave tested directly with another HDMI cable but the problem persists. Am wondering what would be the cause and the solution!! Thanks
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-08 15:49:35 Vote Up0Vote Down

Make sure HDMI ULTRA HD DEEP COLOR is turned off. Go to Settings > All Settings > General > HDMI ULTRA HD DEEP COLOR > Turn off. If these are off, There may be a problem with the ports on that TV.

I would recommend performing an AV reset on the TV. Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV. Press MUTE on the LG remote 3 times and it should pull up a menu at the bottom of the screen. *** THIS WILL RESET ALL PICTURE SETTINGS BACK TO DEFAULT FOR ALL THE INPUTS*** Select A/V reset. If the flickering continues, the TV would require service.

• Reply Title Icon

pgonzagapgonzaga Member
    Posted on 2019-05-09 13:01:44 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi JamalofLG, I have tried the recommendation but the problem persists even when i use a different HDMI cable across all the 3 Ports. This TV worked well sometime back but from no where it developed this problem. No damages because its been mounted on the wall since it was purchased.

Also observed that the screen flickers every time the laptop adapter is plugged in/out when connected to the TV. Is it a power issue!!!
    I would really appreciate if there is a fix for this.

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-09 17:04:59 Vote Up5Vote Down
    The next recommendation would be service. Since it only happens on the one TV, there may be a problem with the mainboard, however, it would need to verified by a tech with a tech onsite. Please reach out to LG at https://www.facebook.com/LGUSSupport/ or https://twitter.com/LGUSSupport for further assistance with scheduling service.
    pgonzaga