Skip to Content

Wrinkled Clothes - LG Washer/Dryer Combo

Recently, our old Samsung washer went out, and we decided to purchase a new LG washer/dryer set, models WM3700WMA & DLEX3700W.

Wrinkled Clothes - LG Washer/Dryer Combo

Posted on 2019-05-13 15:01:31 Laundry Vote Up0Vote Down
Recently, our old Samsung washer went out, and we decided to purchase a new LG washer/dryer set, models WM3700WMA & DLEX3700W. Our problem is that for almost every load, the clothes come out wrinkled, both out of the washer & the dryer. Even wrinkle-free clothes tend to come out with wrinkles. They never came out this wrinkled with our Samsung set.

And we've tried everything. Different cycles on both the washer and dryer; trying  a low spin setting on the washer; low temp setting on the dryer; using wrinkle care; trying a less dry setting with/without wrinkle care. Of course we also shake out clothes when moving from washer to dryer. I've made sure the water hoses aren't switched on the washer. We've even tried some balls in the dryer, instead of just using fabric sheets. Nothing we've tried has really made a difference. What's even more mystifying is I've read reviews on this set praising how well they work, and how clothes come out without wrinkles. We had tried everything, and have yet to see that.

Has anyone else had similar issues? We really want to like and keep this set, but it isn't realistic if pretty much every piece of clothing is going to come out wrinkled and need to be ironed after. Any words of advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Greg
Tagged:

10 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Wrinkled Clothes - LG Washer/Dryer Combo

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-05-14 21:39:51 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    cron912, How long are the items in the washer before they're transferred to the dryer?
    Vicky

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

VickyVicky Member
    Posted on 2019-05-27 19:02:00 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I also have this problem. When my clothes are done washing I take out the ones that need to be hung up and then set the machine to dry.  They do not set in there very long.  When drying is done the combo goes to cooldown cycle and the clothes sit on the bottom but are already wrinkled from the get go.  

What am I doing wrong.
    Cherylynn
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-30 18:10:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Vicky, what is the model number to your combo unit? Does every load come out wrinkle or only the larger loads?

• Reply Title Icon

almalm Member
    Posted on 2019-06-10 15:14:35 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hell0! I have the front load washing machine, WM3770HWA also have problems with my clothes coming out wrinkled. Please help as I did not have this problem with my past washer. I have tried everything that CRON912 and Vicky above mentioned. Please help..
  • Reply Title Icon

CherylynnCherylynn Member
    Posted on 2019-06-30 21:42:48 Vote Up0Vote Down
    All of my clothes twist horribly in my top loader.  Never had this problem.  Ruining my clothes. I have tried all the things people told me to . Checked water temp , settings , etc.  nothing changes it. I even try to shake out the clothes before I put them in the wash.  I put the spin on lowest. 
  • Reply Title Icon

randyfrarandyfra Member
    Posted on 2019-07-14 04:11:10 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My clothes are wrinkled, as soon as I remove them from the washer, WM9000HVA. I never had this problem with our Kenmore front load washer.
    I believe this LG spins too fast, causing the wrinkles. I use the "permanent press" cycle. I bought this at Costco, thinking strongly of returning it.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-15 15:49:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    randyfra, what type of material are the clothing? What size is the load?

• Reply Title Icon

randyfrarandyfra Member
    Posted on 2019-07-17 05:41:29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The cloth material is the same as what I had when I used the Kenmore washer. 
    The load size is approximately 1/2 full.
    This washer just spins too hard, even at low setting.
  • Reply Title Icon

jen61201jen61201 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-29 03:31:24 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have a brand new washer/dryer combo model WM3997HWA. I can not get clothes to dry without major pressed in wrinkles. My polyester wrinkle free clothes are just as bad as my cotton clothes. I have tried removing some items, making smaller loads, stopping the cycle early... NOTHING HELPS! What can I do?
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-29 14:11:31 edited July 29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    jen61201, How much detergent are you using with the load? And what kind are you using?