Skip to Content

What's happened to the Oreo update for LG G5 RS988?

Lots of other G5 models have gotten the update, but for some reason, the RS988, which is unlocked and so doesn't need carrier permission or approval, still hasn't gotten an update.

What's happened to the Oreo update for LG G5 RS988?

Posted on 2019-05-15 02:55:16 Unlocked Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
Lots of other G5 models have gotten the update, but for some reason, the RS988, which is unlocked and so doesn't need carrier permission or approval, still hasn't gotten an update.

Why does LG make so many variations of the same phone? Like, the RS988 doesn't have FM radio but some do and some don't. It's not only frustrating as a customer - but it causes massive difficulties updating your products to newer firmware.

I like the G5 a lot, but honestly, if this is how LG does engineering (ie: badly).. I think that it's the last LG phone I'll be buying - or any LG product to be honest. I'm an engineer and I'd be ashamed if I did my work this way.

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: What's happened to the Oreo update for LG G5 RS988?

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-05-16 19:44:17 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    TheWerewolf, we would not be able to provide any information on any upcoming updates. If the device is eligible for the update, the device will notify you when released.
    bobsun

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: What's happened to the Oreo update for LG G5 RS988?

bobsunbobsun Member
    Posted on 2019-07-15 05:51:50 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same question for my RS988.