Skip to Content

LG Smart TV wifi won't turn on

with all these  people having the same issue I guess it is time to get a non LG TV. Will never use LG again for any product. 

LG Smart TV wifi won't turn on

Posted on 2017-12-21 23:57:21 TVs Vote Up0Vote Down

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG Smart TV wifi won't turn on

lgwifiissuelgwifiissue Member
    Posted on 2019-01-19 22:32:31 Vote Up10Vote Down
    with all these  people having the same issue I guess it is time to get a non LG TV. Will never use LG again for any product. 
    Oz1matthutchings
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-01-20 01:23:48 Vote Up5Vote Down
    @JamalofLG Any update yet Jamal?
    matthutchings
  • Reply Title Icon

bethan12bethan12 Member
    Posted on 2019-01-20 12:40:25 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I have exactly the same issue.  It's making using my tv really hard and keeps dropping mid film.  

I've tried restoring to factory settings which worked for a few hours.  I've reconnected to the Wi-Fi more times than I care to remember.

My tv is 19 months old - can I return it to Currys for a refund?  Had enough.
    matthutchings
  • Reply Title Icon

bethan12bethan12 Member
    Posted on 2019-01-20 13:57:50 Vote Up5Vote Down
    My tv with Wi-Fi dropping issues

Model UH850V

Software 05.30.10

matthutchings
  • Reply Title Icon

FabiorcgFabiorcg Member
    Posted on 2019-01-21 17:57:29 Vote Up5Vote Down

See:

https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000018-1426626051711-network-connection-issues

Go to Advanced Troubleshooting > Wireless > Yes >  Yes > Next > I see a "Wi-Fi is Off" Message

That's what LG said so far. Feeling I've been cheated.

matthutchings
  • Reply Title Icon

FabiorcgFabiorcg Member
    Posted on 2019-01-21 18:14:48 Vote Up5Vote Down
    The section <I see a "Wi-Fi is Off" Message> says that it can be a Wi-Fi chip failure. I've tried all previous workarounds. No success. Therefore seems that my TV has this chip failure after warranty is over. My TV is not mounted into furnitures. not hanged It is over my TV hack, with plenty ventilation. It's a project defect, a hidden defect that happens after warranty period. LG must to provide a free fix for this issue.
    matthutchings
  • Reply Title Icon

needfixnowneedfixnow Member
    Posted on 2019-01-21 19:20:06 edited January 21 Vote Up5Vote Down
    It definitely isn't a wifi chip problem for me.

- Sound cuts out often for about half a second
    -  The internet then dies, wired and wireless, it doesn't matter which I'm using. When wired the error is on the "TV" icon within the network settings. When using wifi I get a "wifi off". In fact, when using wired it says "Off" under network briefly.
    - The remote stops working when the internet dies. The remote sometimes doesn't work when I unpair it, other times i can use the buttons but not the cursor (as expected).

It's unlikely that the wired and wireless connectivity, along with the remote are the result of the failure of one chip. I've reset my firmware, turned off quickstart+, nothing worked. This makes the TV unusable. Waste of money, I'd rather just get a samsung instead of having to go through the hassle of repair. 

matthutchings
  • Reply Title Icon

silentmeowsilentmeow Member
    Posted on 2019-01-21 19:51:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    NeedFixNow,yours does sound a little different,more issues then the WiFi.  I know some have changed the WiFi module and everything is fine now. 
  • Reply Title Icon

matemate Member
    Posted on 2019-01-21 21:00:16 edited February 14 Vote Up10Vote Down
    I can confirme the same issues on my oled tv as needfixnow. Its started with remote problems, followed by the device disconnected messages and ended in the sound and internet issues. Some times everything works fine even the cursor, and a minute later total failure...
    needfixnowmatthutchings
  • Reply Title Icon

neogeogneogeog Member
    Posted on 2019-01-22 14:22:51 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Same issue:
    Under Network > Wi-Fi Connection it says “Wi-Fi is turned off. Turn it on to see the list of available networks that you can connect to and additional related menu items.” but there is no way to turn Wi-Fi on.

Model: 65UH8500
    Software Version: 05.30.30

Please notify me if there is a solution
    matthutchings
  • Reply Title Icon

santinasantina Member
    Posted on 2019-01-23 00:42:59 Vote Up10Vote Down
    Add me to the list of people having this issue.

Purchased this TV in July of 2017 and have never had this issue until about a week ago. It started as the Wifi dropping unexpectedly, now I'm getting the "Wi-Fi is turned off" message with no way to "turn it on." In addition to this, I keep getting a weird message saying "Unknown device is disconnected."

Model: 60UJ6300
    Software Version: 05.80.10

I started a Live Chat with a LG Representative earlier and she disconnected when she couldn't answer my questions. I have resulted to calling the Customer Service number and was transferred to the "Network Section". I've been on hold for 30 minutes.

I paid far too much money for the TV for it to break in under two years, and I also paid far too much for customer service to treat me the way that they have.

Someone update me when an resolution has been found.

@JamalofLG
    neogeogmatthutchings
  • Reply Title Icon

mckegmckeg Member
    Posted on 2019-01-23 01:31:59 Vote Up10Vote Down

Model: 70UH63
    Software Version: 05.30.25

matthutchingsmikehaggerth
  • Reply Title Icon

Gifted1986Gifted1986 Member
    Posted on 2019-01-23 07:34:07 edited January 23 Vote Up55Vote Down
    ***65UJ6200
    ****FIX SHOULD NOT MATTER ON MODEL OF SMART TV
    *****PROBLEMS: DROPPED CONNECTIONS - WIFI TURNED OFF - INTERMITTENT CONNECTIVITY 

So I Purchased an LG TV about a year and a half ago. I initially had problems connecting to the internet via wifi. I called LG customer service and scheduled a tech to come out. My tv started to connect again so I cancelled the appointment. Again the wifi connection started to cut in and out so I just dealt with it, until it completely stopped working the other night. BEING OUT OF MY WARRANTY, I decided I would remove the back plastic panel myself and locate the wifi module. Upon removal of the plastic panel I noticed the ribbon connector was routed under the plastic where the legs/stands mount on the right side if I were to be facing the back of the TV. At this location I noticed a crimp in the ribbon connector that I straightened out and re-routed with silver tape already used by LG to route the connectors. I also took the module out of the plastic bracket and pushed on the silver box ever so gently but firm. I turned the TV on while supporting it upright and BOOM!! Wifi!!! I put the plastic backing back on before re-installing the stands to make sure my RE-ROUTING of the Wifi ribbon connector was sufficient. Wifi STILL WORKING. This was my first time removing the plastic cover and the overall job took me 45 minutes (would have been shorter if I didn't spill the little screws out of the deep channels on the plastic backing--first timers luck--lol) If all else fails with the resetting and turning off +QUICK START and all that non sense, ***I TRULY BELIEVE THIS IS A POOR JOB ON LG's PART, FROM A MANUFACTURING STANDPOINT THAT IS PROBABLY EFFECTING HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF CONSUMERS.****I AM ONLY SPEAKING FOR MYSELF WITH WHAT I FOUND WHEN I WENT INTO THE HARDWARE**** I LIKE LG AND WILL CONTINUE TO PURCHASE THEIR PRODUCTS. I AM JUST SHARING MY THOUGHTS*** I hope this helps those who do not want to shell out hundreds to thousands of $$$$'s for a new TV that are inclined to fix and tech savvy.
    Peace & Love World

Oz1FabiorcgcheroczechlagodinaHilvanjsl123alewigginsroninthelionwilde1Deano52xand 3 others.
  • Reply Title Icon

bethan12bethan12 Member
    Posted on 2019-01-23 17:20:20 Vote Up15Vote Down
    Well I spoke to LG customer services about my less than two years old tv having Wi-Fi connection dropping issues.  They tried every excuse possible to blame anything but the tv.  Such as 'there may be too many Wi-Fi networks in your apartment building' 'there may be too many devices connected to your Wi-Fi'. I had turned off all other devices after checking Wi-Fi working.

Ultimately they agreed there is a fault with the tv but want £155 to repair it as it's beyond 12 month warranty.  Useless.  Will never buy from this company again, they don't have any pride in their products or care about reputation or customers.
    Oz1matthutchingslagodina
  • Reply Title Icon

DiscoBoyDiscoBoy Member
    Posted on 2019-01-24 02:09:36 Vote Up10Vote Down

I am thoroughly cheesed off and disgusted with this whole issue of WI-FI not connecting to my LG UH620v WebOS TV. (Software version 05.30.25)

I have reset the TV, Router, Quick Start+ on/off, check cables etc on numerous occasions and this STILL DOES NOT resolve a single thing and I frankly wonder if I have made the correct decision buying an LG television especially after learning about other members' problems with the support team.

I have read all the comments on this forum and I deeply feel everyone's pain especially as everything was working perfectly well.....until the last 2-3 weeks when all of a sudden, connecting the TV to   Wi-Fi and all of its smart features/apps have failed spectacularly.

Now, I want to know what our Moderator Jamal has found out as its been a little while since a solution was forthcoming and I must say if I received this many complaints about the same thing, that would seriously concern me from a company point of view.

So can an expert from LG resolve this issue IMMEDIATELY as I'm sure people have paid out hundreds possibly thousands of pounds for smart TV's which are meant to be just that and not a burden.

matthutchingsroc88