Skip to Content

Magic Remote to pulling Cable set top box channel guide

Just bought a 55" C9.   The magic remote works well except for the Guide button.    It does not recognize any of the channels from my Spectrum set top box.

Magic Remote to pulling Cable set top box channel guide

Just bought a 55" C9.   The magic remote works well except for the Guide button.    It does not recognize any of the channels from my Spectrum set top box.    The channel up and down buttons work great.  It defeats the purpose of the Guide button if it doesn't really work as it should.   Am I missing something that I need to configure differently?    If not, then this is not a universal remote at all.   Thanks.
Tagged:

6 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Magic Remote to pulling Cable set top box channel guide

DJBDJB Member
    Posted on 2019-05-22 16:08:05 Vote Up0Vote Down

Same problem with my set top box.  Any answers?

• Reply Title Icon

BelleannaBelleanna Member
    Posted on 2019-06-10 19:11:32 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same here. Any solutions?
  • Reply Title Icon

BVZINABVZINA Member
    Posted on 2019-06-13 23:15:28 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same here , if you disconnect and go back to connecting process - nothing changes, i think it is a glitch in software .
  • Reply Title Icon

JessePJesseP Member
    Posted on 2019-06-17 10:54:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same problem . I can control my canle
    box with the magic remote but I am not use the guide and recommend feature . I have the 65 in E9 I can not believe this is an issue with a 4200 dollar tv. I think I will bring this tv back and go with Sony oled . Sick cuz I love this tv . But if I can’t use the TV guide it’s gojng back . I see a lot of people with the same issue and LG seem to not care .🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-08 15:18:01 Vote Up0Vote Down
    ***Update.*** Charter has been added to the list for applicable areas. You should have access to the guide for Charter when using the magic remote, after setup in the Device Connector.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

PatentPatent Member
    Posted on 2019-08-25 14:35:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Having the same issue.  The addition of Charter to the list apparently did not solve the problem being experienced by others.  Any additional advice??