Skip to Content

Correct resolution setting for monitor not shown

I'm working with a user who has a LG 34WK650-W monitor plugged into a Windows 10 laptop.

Correct resolution setting for monitor not shown

Posted on 2019-05-24 18:54:04 Monitors Vote Up0Vote Down
I'm working with a user who has a LG 34WK650-W monitor plugged into a Windows 10 laptop. It worked fine until a couple of days ago and suddenly the resolution settings changed. The monitor should be set to 2560x1080 but the available settings only go up to 1024x768.

The monitor is connected to a docking station using a D-port cable and a D-port to mini-D adapter. We tried installing all the Windows updates, installing the monitor driver from LGs website, reinstalling monitor and video drivers, and plugged the monitor directly into the laptop using an HDMI cable and a USB-C adapter. 

I don't know what else to do. Is there a fix?

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Correct resolution setting for monitor not shown

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-06-14 18:02:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hansench, what type of computer is being used? Was there any updates to Windows or the drivers recently?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

jtruittjtruitt Member
    Posted on 2019-07-18 14:18:56 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello  I'm having the same issue...   I plug a 29wk600-w into a Microsoft surface docking station - the new brick looking one.  I have a new Surface pro laptop.   going to display settings I'm only presented with 2 resolutions.    I have downloaded drivers for this monitor.    I plug the monitor directly into the surface laptop and all works as expected.   Can you provide insight about dealing with the Microsoft surface dock...?

• Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-24 18:52:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    jtruitt, I would say this has to be an handshake issue with the dock.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!