Skip to Content

OnScreen Control's Text Scaling messes up everything

I use a two monitor setup with a new LG 27UD59 and my old Samsung 1080p monitor on Windows 10.

OnScreen Control's Text Scaling messes up everything

Posted on 2017-12-23 12:55:39 4K / 5K Monitors Vote Up0Vote Down
I use a two monitor setup with a new LG 27UD59 and my old Samsung 1080p monitor on Windows 10. I really like the Screen Split feature of the OnScreen Control App but apparently, the inbuild text scaling only works globally. Now every time I start the computer I end up with 150% scaling on the 4k monitor (which is fine and what I want) but also on the old 1080p monitor which I DON'T want. The only solution is to use the Windows Displays control panel to deactivate custom scaling and relog at which point the Windows guided scaling kicks in and sets scaling to the wanted 150% on the 4K and 100% on the 1080. However, next time I start the computer the same happens again. I log in, find the scaling messed up by OnScreen Control, have to deactivate scaling and relog.

It would be awesome if either OnScreen Control would allow to deactivate its own text scaling and let the apparently better Windows internal one do its job properly, or if it would handle old off-brand monitors correctly.
chex

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: OnScreen Control's Text Scaling messes up everything

chexchex Member
    Posted on 2018-01-21 23:54:28 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Totally agree. OnScreen Control should allow you to disable scaling. It overrides the Windows scaling globally and does not allow for per-screen settings.