Skip to Content

Can't connect wifi on LG 8017ERSM Air Conditioner

Running app on Android phone. I can get wifi light to flash on AC unit, but the app just sits at "Please wait". I've tried everything.

Can't connect wifi on LG 8017ERSM Air Conditioner

Posted on 2019-05-31 21:40:40 Window Vote Up0Vote Down
Running app on Android phone. I can get wifi light to flash on AC unit, but the app just sits at "Please wait". I've tried everything. Uninstalled, reinstalled app. Pulled plug on AC and let it sit for more than a minute. Deleted LG_XX_XX_XX wifi network from phone. Manually connected to LG_XX_XX_XX wifi using password "lg12345". It actually connected, but then still wouldn't go any further. 

What should I do? I can't believe there is no info even though I spent about 15 minutes trying the first 10 or so items that came up on a Google search.

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Can't connect wifi on LG 8017ERSM Air Conditioner

rudy479rudy479 Member
    Posted on 2019-06-02 01:23:06 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I am having the same problem. I'm getting incorrect password for network. I tried lge12345, lg 12345 and not working. Does someone or Lg support help me out here.
    4co3n5NDO
  • Reply Title Icon

zamboni7zamboni7 Member
    Posted on 2019-06-02 14:37:12 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I just pulled the plug on the AC unit, let it sit for a while (mostly in disgust), "forgot" the LG_XX_XX_XX wifi from my Android wifi settings, closed out of the SmarthinQ app, then started from scratch and for some reason it worked. It's now connected. You should never need to enter a password for the LG_XX_XX_XX wifi, the SmarthinQ app should take care of that for you.
    4co3n5NDO
  • Reply Title Icon

polominican28polominican28 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-23 23:20:37 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Don't bother with support...they will waste your time. The guy just read the manual to me. Its an absolute joke. How do you release an AC with wifi capability and then provide ZERO support? Wouldn't even send a tech out to fix it (only had it for few weeks so still under warranty) because they claim its not part of the AC functioning. We all paid extra for the AC to have wifi. If we didn't want the wifi we would pay less so in my opinion the AC is NOT functioning as we're all supposed to be able to use it with wifi....hopefully someone out there will help...seeing you posted this a month ago and no one from SmarthinQ responded my guess we're S**** out of luck.