Skip to Content

How to connect to the Magic Remote decoder ARRIS VIP 5305

Hello Please help me with connecting the Magic Remote to the ARRIS VIP 5305 decoder.

How to connect to the Magic Remote decoder ARRIS VIP 5305

Posted on 2019-06-02 08:28:37 TV/Audio/Video Accessories Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello Please help me with connecting the Magic Remote to the ARRIS VIP 5305 decoder. It’s not clear which manufacturer to choose in order for the remote to start working. Tell me if anyone came across. Thank.

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: How to connect to the Magic Remote decoder ARRIS VIP 5305

QieQie Member
    Posted on 2019-06-03 12:52:13 edited June 3 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It should be Motorola -- Arris bought out Motorola's set-top box business -- but that code set always fails to download, at least for me. I've read some folks got a few things to work with ADB or Cisco, but it's gonna be pretty dismal until LG realizes they need to fix their Motorola downloads.

[Edit to add: Oops. Now I realize Cisco won't download either, so that's no help, and at least for my Arris VIP5662W the ADB remote options seem to do nothing at all. When failing to download, I get a dialog box "Remote information has not been successfully downloaded. Do you want to retry? No / Yes" for which Retry never works. There's also a note at the bottom of the screen: "If problems persist, visit the support area of the LG website (http://www.lgappstv.com/ur_support) to report the issue..." that I just used again, this time reporting it as a Motorola product; last time I chose Other and supplied Arris as the manufacturer. No idea, though, if support is really seeing any of these or how they'd respond, especially since there's no way on that page to tell them to just fix -- and eventually relabel -- their code set downloads.]