Skip to Content

LG Gram 15Z980 - hanging cursor

Brand new LG Gram laptop.  Cursor hangs every now and then.  Fixed by sleeping/waking, but very annoying.  Bad driver?  Hardware problem?

LG Gram 15Z980 - hanging cursor

Posted on 2019-06-10 19:15:07 Laptops Vote Up0Vote Down
Brand new LG Gram laptop.  Cursor hangs every now and then.  Fixed by sleeping/waking, but very annoying.  Bad driver?  Hardware problem?

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG Gram 15Z980 - hanging cursor

kukuxumushikukuxumushi Member
    Posted on 2019-06-16 16:21:31 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I have the same problem, did not find how to solve it, but I am 99% sure that the problem is related to Windows, because I didn’t notice this on Ubuntu.
    You can bind off the screen on the power button, but this does not solve the problem.
    sfnd
  • Reply Title Icon

sfndsfnd Member
    Posted on 2019-07-08 06:56:21 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Seems like a driver issue to me.  I'm still seeing it and now that I am using a secondary display, I have more info: the cursor will disappear only from the primary laptop screen, while leaving it fully functional on the secondary screen (in Extend mode).  Problem is still resolved by sleep/wake cycle.  Would love to get to the bottom of this.
  • Reply Title Icon

sfndsfnd Member
    Posted on 2019-07-25 22:37:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    More oddness: my Extend screen has a full taskbar.  When the cursor stops working on the PC screen, I noticed the clock in the taskbar also stops, even as the one on the Extend screen continues to keep time.  So perhaps this is more of a screen(s) problem than mouse-specific.