Skip to Content

G5 Missing SMS and MMS messages

On my Sprint G5 phone after software updates we are missing random SMS and MMS messages.  This problem is being reported in the Sprint and T-Mobile community …

G5 Missing SMS and MMS messages

Posted on 2019-06-10 20:55:37 Sprint Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
On my Sprint G5 phone after software updates we are missing random SMS and MMS messages.  This problem is being reported in the Sprint and T-Mobile community web sites.  It happens randomly.  It happens with different people at different times.  Some times when a person sends 3 messages one or two will arrive and one or two will be missing.  I have updated the PRL, profile, firmware, LG software (LS992ZVF) and even reset and restarted the phone with no improvement.  I also tried a factory data reset.  I am running Android 7.0, security patch Feb 1, 2018, kernel version 3.18.31 build number NRD90U.  Security software version MDF v2.0 Release 4.  All aps are up to date.  We are using the default messaging application.  I have deleted all old texts, turned on an off the phone and still after all this there are random missing texts received from people on my contact list.

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: G5 Missing SMS and MMS messages

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-06-12 19:44:15 Vote Up0Vote Down
    jpceyoung, have you tried using a 3rd party app to see if the same thing happens with it?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!