Skip to Content

Roof Vent

We just moved into a new house (to us) and purchased a DLGX3701W Gas dryer (together with the matching WM).

Roof Vent

Posted on 2019-06-12 13:03:58 Dryers Vote Up0Vote Down
We just moved into a new house (to us) and purchased a DLGX3701W Gas dryer (together with the matching WM). The dryer is not drying clothes properly and I got a d90 error last night indicating the vent is 90% blocked. Reading through the troubleshooting, the suggestion is (as common sense would dictate) that the vent should be as short as possible, but the vent in this house goes through the roof rather than out through the wall (which would be the shortest route but would then vent into the enclosed pool area). I am planning to check the vent for actual blockages but I am wondering if the relatively long vent up through the roof is likely to be the source of the problem rather than a blockage. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the matter?
Tagged:

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Roof Vent

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-06-12 18:30:53 Vote Up0Vote Down
    bigbisto, Yes is can, depending on the length of the ductwork and type of ductwork, such as the number of elbows, can affect drying performance and cause error message to occur. Would you know how long of a run is it from the dryer to the outside vent?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

bigbistobigbisto Member
    Posted on 2019-06-13 19:34:59 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for your thoughts. I have not had time to get up in the attic and take a look at the vent yet, but I will do that ASAP  and get back to you. However, it is a single story house at least, so it shouldn't be super long if it goes straight up.
  • Reply Title Icon

bigbistobigbisto Member
    Posted on 2019-06-14 20:01:07 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I checked the vent last night. It goes pretty much straight up, just one slight offset at the ceiling (not the roof). The total length is probably about 15'. Then I went out onto the roof and found the problem. The vent cap has a mesh to stop unwelcome guests and that was completely clogged with about 40mm thick of lint. I removed it and ran the dryer without an error. Hopefully when we run a full load it will be OK now.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-06-14 21:00:26 Vote Up0Vote Down

OK. Let me know if the error message returns.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!