Skip to Content

The diagnostics are junk LG dryer

Model: DLGX7601WE Manufactured: 2016 Dryer wasn't heating. Cleaned out all inside areas as well as a thorough cleaning of the house exhaust. 

The diagnostics are junk LG dryer

Posted on 2019-06-16 00:22:20 Dryers Vote Up0Vote Down
Model: DLGX7601WE
Manufactured: 2016

Dryer wasn't heating. Cleaned out all inside areas as well as a thorough cleaning of the house exhaust. 

Heat test shows D80. 

Well if it's not a clogged exhaust, then there must be something wrong internally. I download the SmartThinQ app and run the diagnostic from there. I get a green smiley face telling me there was no problem found!  Oh really? Then why doesn't my dryer work? 

All this high tech stuff to provide better diagnostics and its telling me there's nothing wrong with my dryer!!

So I relented and made a service call because there must be something wrong with this thing if the diagnostics aren't picking up anything. It must be really hosed. 

LG repairman Dave comes out (very nice guy BTW), and takes off the front, removes the drum and presses the reset button on one of the thermal sensors.  Dryer now has heat again!

What the actual fuq LG?

Why is the dryer built in such a way that it couldn't detect that this sensor was tripped or needed to be replaced? 

I'm handy and like to work on stuff myself and I would have been more than happy to replace this 20 dollar part myself or hit the reset button for FREE.  But instead I had to pay $120 for a technician to push a friggn reset button inside my dryer?

Guess who has two thumbs and won't be buying any more LG products because of this nonsense? Yep, this guy. 

There's plenty of people who dont want to work on stuff themselves, but for those of us who do, make the diagnostics on your products useful! 
Tagged:

Be the first person to comment here!