Skip to Content

Help! Backup Contacts and data to PC via USB

LG Exalt LTE VN220 Basic Flip Phone.  I have installed 32GB external memory and have good connection to PC via USB.  1.

Help! Backup Contacts and data to PC via USB

Posted on 2019-06-17 13:53:27 edited June 21 Verizon Phones Vote Up0Vote Down

LG Exalt LTE VN220 Basic Flip Phone.  I have installed 32GB external memory and have good connection to PC via USB.  1. How do I backup Contacts and Data to PC or at least to the external card for manual transfer?  2. If I am not Android or iOS, then what am I? Thanks

5 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Help! Backup Contacts and data to PC via USB

EmmettEmmett Member
    Posted on 2019-06-21 04:00:57 Vote Up0Vote Down

Is this an official LG forum?  Are there LG Tech people that ANSWER questions or does the PUBLIC do all the work while LG gets credit for the forum?  The documentation for this product is beyond poor and LG support is NON-EXISTENT.  If you sell a device you should be required to support it, BY LAW.

• Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-06-21 16:50:30 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    Emmett, The forum is supported by LG as well as other end users as yourself. It would only be possible to transfer music, photos, and videos from this device to your PC.
    Emmett

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

EmmettEmmett Member
    Posted on 2019-06-21 22:57:29 Vote Up0Vote Down

Are you saying that all other phones CAN be backed up via USB with the except of this one?  What is so different about this phone that it CAN only be backed up to your Cloud (backup assist) but NOT to one of my choosing?  Looks like I have to award you an LG for LOW GRADE.  Too bad there’s no “F”! My experience with this forum has been no more than a frustrating waste of time.  But I did earn two point.  WOW, what a wonderful and useful Technical Support FORUM.

• Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-06-24 15:46:12 edited June 24 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    Smartphones can be backed up via USB or uploaded to the cloud. The VN220 isn't a smartphone.
    Jman

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

EmmettEmmett Member
    Posted on 2019-06-24 20:55:32 Vote Up5Vote Down

The following procedure allows user to Backup LG Exalt VN220 basic flip phone Contacts to SD Card (vCard format) for transfer to PC.  I am still looking for a USB solution.

1. Select Contacts  

2. Options 

3. Manage Contacts 

4. Backup 

5. SD Card

6. Select individual contacts to backup or select “Options then Select All

7. Select Backup/Backup

8. Enter file Name

9. Select OK

10. Party Time

Jman