Skip to Content

SL10YG - Initial WiFi Setup

Hello, new to the community and the LG Soundbar world.  I need some help getting the a new SL10YG to connect with WiFi.  The manual states the only way to set up WiFi is through the Google Home app which I have tried numerous times and on several different phones and can not find the soundbar to configure it.  I have spent over an hour on the phone and 30 minutes on LG's online Chat and neither person seemed to have a clue what the SL10YG is, much less troubleshoot it.

SL10YG - Initial WiFi Setup

Posted on 2019-06-30 05:33:37 Sound Bars & SoundPlates Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello, new to the community and the LG Soundbar world.  I need some help getting the a new SL10YG to connect with WiFi.  The manual states the only way to set up WiFi is through the Google Home app which I have tried numerous times and on several different phones and can not find the soundbar to configure it. 

I have spent over an hour on the phone and 30 minutes on LG's online Chat and neither person seemed to have a clue what the SL10YG is, much less troubleshoot it.

Thanks in advance,
Jud
Tagged:

3 REPLIES

• Reply Title Icon

RE: SL10YG - Initial WiFi Setup

MPM22783MPM22783 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-01 23:52:12 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm having the same issue. Stuck on HDMI 2 and anytime I try to do something other than change volume it says "Please Wait." I wait and then it says "Good Bye" and shuts off. Not exactly instilling confidence in LG products when spending $1000 for a soundbar. Google Home does not find the soundbar. Have tried 4 different phones.
  • Reply Title Icon

KallekulmuleKallekulmule Member
    Posted on 2019-09-10 21:29:40 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the same issues as above - how did you get help to solve this? 
  • Reply Title Icon

notascotnotascot Member
    Posted on 2019-09-15 00:53:37 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I  just bought the SL10YG today, September 14, 2019, and tomorrow it's going back to Best Buy for a refund. After five or six hours trying this unit simply will not connect to Goggle assistant and this seems to be the only way to set the device up. There is no useful help from LG, so what is the point of continuing trying to get this to work.  There are too many good sounders out there to waste my time trying to get this issue sorted out.