Skip to Content

Does the LP1218GXR portable AC need water?

So, I've had an LG LP1218GXR portable AC unit for a little over a year now, and although it works great, I am curious of a few things.  One, it doesn't keep the immediate area of my living room (in an apartment) cool.  I know we've had some hot days this last week, so it may just be that.

Does the LP1218GXR portable AC need water?

Posted on 2019-06-30 07:33:41 Portable Vote Up0Vote Down
So, I've had an LG LP1218GXR portable AC unit for a little over a year now, and although it works great, I am curious of a few things.  One, it doesn't keep the immediate area of my living room (in an apartment) cool.  I know we've had some hot days this last week, so it may just be that.

I did clean both filters recently, but as I'm reading the manual, it talks of a drain port, which leads me to ask the following question:  does the LP1218GXR unit need to be filled with water?  And if so, where do I put it?  Thanks in advance for any and all polite responses to this inquiry.

Sincerely,

-Jeffrey R. Kuntzelman 2019 aka "Admiral Blind Man" 😎👍🏻🖖🏻LLAP

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Does the LP1218GXR portable AC need water?

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-03 19:24:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    AdmiralBlindMan, you would not need to add water to the unit. The A/C may need to be drained occasionally from condensation build up.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

doreendoreen Member
    Posted on 2019-07-12 15:41:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    jamalofLG      i need a replacement drain hose for my lg portable ac unit....  what do i get
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-15 13:57:56 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Doreen, what is the model number to the unit?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!