Skip to Content

Stylo 4 detecting non-existent touches

My (Boost) Stylo 4 started acting as if there were touches being made near the Home button area when there were none. This started happening on 6-30-19.

Stylo 4 detecting non-existent touches

Posted on 2019-07-03 03:50:36 edited July 3 Cell Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
My (Boost) Stylo 4 started acting as if there were touches being made near the Home button area when there were none. This started happening on 6-30-19. Trouble-shooting I have tried; take out of case to clean the entire screen and screen protector, fully powered down phone, put phone into Airplane mode, also removed sim card and SD card and it still detects these phantom touches.

7 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Stylo 4 detecting non-existent touches

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-03 15:16:10 Vote Up0Vote Down
    CainD, is it flashing from the phantom touches or just giving the vibrations? What happens from the phantom touches?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

CainDCainD Member
    Posted on 2019-07-04 04:46:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The screen will flicker slightly but not every time it happens. The phantom touches sometimes do nothing but make it impossible to use the screen other times they send me back the the home screen or activate Google Assistant. I will add that they happen around the home button regardless of which end of the screen it is on. I've done a factory reset and the issue remains. I turned on the "Show touches" that's how I have any rough idea of where they are occurring I've kept the phone in a case since about two weeks after I bought it back in September of 2018. I spoke with Jethro last night via the live chat function and he told me that it looks like the touch panel is going on it. 
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-05 15:13:06 Vote Up0Vote Down
    CainD, that seems to be the case, however, it would need to be sent in for service for a proper diagnosis. Please visit: https://lgmobilerepair.com/request_repair

• Reply Title Icon

CainDCainD Member
    Posted on 2019-07-05 23:01:22 Vote Up0Vote Down
    What should I do about proof of purchase as I have lost the original receipt? I can find the rough date of purchase through my bank statements.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-08 15:50:50 Vote Up0Vote Down
    That would not be a problem. They would go off the IMEI number to determine the warranty.

• Reply Title Icon

boostergoldboostergold Member
    Posted on 2019-09-09 17:09:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm also experiencing the exact same issue. Boost Mobile, Stylo 4, especially home button to trigger home screen and/or Google Assistant trigger. Seems like a short behind the screen probably triggering this. I gave up, I'm out of warranty, I bought a $40 Boost phone to get me through and I'm either getting an iPhone or a Galaxy A10. 
  • Reply Title Icon

dashaver63dashaver63 Member
    Posted on 2019-10-08 09:09:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the same issues as described. Only had this phone for about 8 months. I've had cheaper phones that lasted years. Probably going to leave boost mobile and go back to the other company I had before. At least I don't have to worry about replacing my phone twice a year.