Skip to Content

LW6017r is on, won't turn fan on

Power cord is green, working.  I've reset the power cord, left in unplugged for a while...  All the options on the control panel are lit like they are working, can be scrolled through like it should work..  On any option that the fan should be working, every minute or two, the unit makes noise like the fan is about to start, perhaps the compressor, but then it just stops again.  It's like 85 degrees in my room!

LW6017r is on, won't turn fan on

Posted on 2019-07-03 08:09:23 edited July 3 Window Vote Up0Vote Down
Power cord is green, working.  I've reset the power cord, left in unplugged for a while... 
All the options on the control panel are lit like they are working, can be scrolled through like it should work.. 
On any option that the fan should be working, every minute or two, the unit makes noise like the fan is about to start, perhaps the compressor, but then it just stops again.  It's like 85 degrees in my room! Please help!

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LW6017r is on, won't turn fan on

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-03 15:12:32 Vote Up0Vote Down
    adamophoto, has the filter been cleaned lately? Is there any error message when the fan stops?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

adamophotoadamophoto Member
    Posted on 2019-07-03 20:25:58 Vote Up0Vote Down
    yes the filter is clean.  There is no error message.  The fan never starts.  Just what I assume is the compressor
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-03 20:52:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I would recommend service then. If you send me a message I can get you scheduled.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!