Skip to Content

SL8YG and audio sync

Hi,      I am looking into purchasing the SL8YG soundbar.  At this time, I have an older Samsung TV that does not have HDMI ARC or allow 5.1 sound through the optical out.  I was thinking that I could connect my Blu-Ray player (a PS3) and cable box to the soundbar through the optical out.  My question is:

SL8YG and audio sync

Posted on 2019-07-03 23:58:29 Sound Bars & SoundPlates Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi,
     I am looking into purchasing the SL8YG soundbar.  At this time, I have an older Samsung TV that does not have HDMI ARC or allow 5.1 sound through the optical out.  I was thinking that I could connect my Blu-Ray player (a PS3) and cable box to the soundbar through the optical out.  My question is: can this cause sync issues since the player would be sending the video signal via HDMI and the audio signal separately through the optical out?  Is there a way to manually adjust the sync on the soundbar if this is an issue?  I've read the manual but couldn't find an answer.  Thanks for the help.

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: SL8YG and audio sync

Posted on 2019-07-05 20:11:10 Vote Up5Vote Down
    bsmith1702, there can possibly be a delay but I do not think it would be likely. Also there would not be a way to adjust the sync on the sound bar.
    bsmith1702

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: SL8YG and audio sync

bsmith1702bsmith1702 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-06 20:25:01 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for the reply.  I actually just bought and installed the soundbar today.  No delay at all from either the PS3 playing a blu-ray or from my cable box.  It sounds great and I am very happy with my purchase.  One thing I wanted to note: the manual and quite a few comments I've read online seem to imply that Google Home is required for installation.  I don't have a phone or device current enough to run Google Home and I wasn't interested in using the soundbar as a smart speaker anyway.  Fortunately. Google home isn't necessary if you are just interested in a speaker.