Skip to Content

65SK9500PUA Keeps losing signal

I recently purchased a 65SK9500PUA, and after having if for a couple weeks it began randomly losing signal. 

65SK9500PUA Keeps losing signal

Posted on 2019-07-05 03:25:49 edited July 5 Super UHD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I recently purchased a 65SK9500PUA, and after having if for a couple weeks it began randomly losing signal. 
I have a Shaw Bluesky cable box (Arris XG-1) on HDMI1, and there are times when it becomes unwatchable. Sometimes fast-forwarding a recording, or starting Netflix (via said cable box) will trigger a lost signal.  8/10 times I need to pull the HDMI cable, and plug it back in to get signal back.
I have a Raspberry Pi running RetroPi on HDMI2, and when the signal is lost, it would usually return within a few seconds. 

I exchanged the TV at the point of purchase in hopes that it was something wrong with the unit, however we as still having the issue with the replacement. I've actually needed to pull the HDMI cable 4 times just while writing this.

I tried the suggested solution here: https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/3205/65uk6500aua-hdmi-ports-not-working-no-signal-message but we're still experiencing the issue
Tagged:

5 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 65SK9500PUA Keeps losing signal

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-05 18:37:13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    ghostrydr, go to settings > All Settings > General > HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color > Disable on HDMI 1.  Are you using 4K HDMI cables? 

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

ghostrydrghostrydr Member
    Posted on 2019-07-05 23:08:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @JamalofLG I don't have HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color under All Settings > General, however I was able to find it under All Settings > Picture > Additional Settings. HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color is already disabled for all inputs.

I am using a 4K cable between the XG1 and the TV, but not between the Raspberry Pi and the TV.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-08 16:01:24 Vote Up0Vote Down
    ghostrydr, Ok. How long are the HDMI cables?

• Reply Title Icon

ghostrydrghostrydr Member
    Posted on 2019-07-09 04:58:02 Vote Up0Vote Down
    both are 6'
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-09 14:45:45 Vote Up0Vote Down

I would recommend service. Please message me your information and I'll get you scheduled.