Skip to Content

Clothes still smells awful despite using Fabric Softener in my LG front loading washing machine.

When I add fabric softener into dispenser drawer and opened it after few minutes just take a peek while machine is running on its initial cycle, I noticed that softener has already been dispensed. I was under the impression that it would stay in the dispenser and be added during the rinse cycle towards the end of the wash.

Clothes still smells awful despite using Fabric Softener in my LG front loading washing machine.

Posted on 2019-07-05 06:19:19 Laundry Vote Up0Vote Down
When I add fabric softener into dispenser drawer and opened it after few minutes just take a peek while machine is running on its initial cycle, I noticed that softener has already been dispensed. I was under the impression that it would stay in the dispenser and be added during the rinse cycle towards the end of the wash. I'm not sure what is happening?

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Clothes still smells awful despite using Fabric Softener in my LG front loading washing machine.

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-05 16:39:12 Vote Up0Vote Down

Agnes, what is the model number to your front load washer?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Clothes still smells awful despite using Fabric Softener in my LG front loading washing machine.

jcarter2015jcarter2015 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-08 18:35:11 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I inherited one with a house I just purchased.  Model DLEX3370W  It smells like a sewer.  I've run bleach through the Tub Clean cycle 5 times.  Vinegar & Baking soda 15 times.  AND Every time about an inch of water accumulates in under the gasket.  Disgusting.  Any advice other than to throw it out and never by LG again?
  • Reply Title Icon

educate31educate31 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-08 19:19:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I had an LG front loader for over 10 years and never experienced an odor. The design does allow water to accumulate under the door gasket, and I always took a dishtowel and "sopped" it up. Also I always left the door ajar. The gasket comes off very easily and you may want to remove it and clean more thoroughly. Every once in awhile I ran a package of Tide washer cleaner through mine. It smells wonderful. Sounds like you inherited a washer that wasn't cared for properly.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-08 19:32:54 Vote Up0Vote Down
    jcarter2015, I would recommend replacing the gasket around the door.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!