Skip to Content

LG G8 Bluetooth Audio Quality?

Hey everyone, my first post here. Just have a question regarding the G8 ThinQ Bluetooth audio, I had a G7 prior, accidentally broke the screen...

LG G8 Bluetooth Audio Quality?

Posted on 2019-07-05 22:30:09 Smart ThinQ Vote Up0Vote Down
Hey everyone, my first post here. Just have a question regarding the G8 ThinQ Bluetooth audio, I had a G7 prior, accidentally broke the screen... So early upgrade to a G8. I love these phones, the audio quality is amazing, however, the G8 Bluetooth sounds very muffled, have tried it in my vehicle as well as 2 other Bluetooth speakers (Ultimate Ears Megaboom and Harmon Cardon Onyx 5) and the same swuishy sound on all of them, this was never an issue on the G7. Performed a factory reset and that seemed to correct the problem for the day. I'm guessing there is a bug with something that updated overnight but unsure what is the issue. I'm hoping someone else here has experienced the same thing. 

Thanks,
Gage
Tagged:

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG G8 Bluetooth Audio Quality?

ballpython365ballpython365 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-07 00:41:55 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Wow no one?
  • Reply Title Icon

DelHenryDelHenry Member
    Posted on 2019-07-09 03:13:15 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I get no audio out of the Optical port on our C9. The B&O headphones and the generic Bluetooth transmitter look like they hook up.

• Reply Title Icon

MarkReifMarkReif Member
    Posted on 2019-10-07 11:49:56 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm comparing the LG G8's Bluetooth performance using the Note 10 plus, the Note 9 ,Note 8, the LG V20, the LG V30 and the Sony NWZX300 as source devices. And I'm using the Sony MDR-1ABT headphones. Nothing comes close to the LG G8.