Skip to Content

Stylo 4 Straight Talk microphone

I've had this phone for almost a year but this has been a problem from the very start.

Stylo 4 Straight Talk microphone

Posted on 2019-07-06 16:33:41 Cell Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
I've had this phone for almost a year but this has been a problem from the very start. Regular calls (service or Facebook) work but speakerphone does not work for either. LGs voice recorder app also works. The device appears to have a mic on top and on bottom near the headphone port. I assume the top one is for speakerphone and the bottom for regular calls. What could be causing this problem and how can I fix it?

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Stylo 4 Straight Talk microphone

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-10 18:54:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Myersj281, when you turn on the speakerphone for a call, what happens? Is it muffled or doesn't produce sound?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Myersj281Myersj281 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-16 15:50:26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The person I call cannot hear me at all but I can hear them fine. I've tried an app from the Play Store to test my microphones and it registered two of them. The mic on the bottom was labeled "mic 1" and worked. the one labeled "mic 2" did not pick up any audio at all. "mic 2" appears to be at the top of the phone but it's hard to be sure. I think it might have been damaged before I even bought the phone but I never buy insurance in case I decide to root the device but unfortunately, after some research, I discovered that it is impossible until LG releases an UNLOCK.BIN file for the Stylo 4 so I seem to be stuck with this problem unless I can fix it myself.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-16 16:05:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Myersj281, I'm would not know this to be true or not. I would recommend sending in the device for service. Please see https://lgmobilerepair.com/request_repair  

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!