Skip to Content

LG SL9YG Soundbar problems....

Hi! I’m hoping someone here can help me with my problems regarding the new SL9YG soundbar.

LG SL9YG Soundbar problems....

Posted on 2019-07-06 17:24:58 Sound Bars & SoundPlates Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi! I’m hoping someone here can help me with my problems regarding the new SL9YG soundbar. These may seem like little niggles but for the cost of the sound bar I wouldn’t expect any niggles at all.
Upon purchase it seemed fine the first day or two but then started showing a solid red light on the top by the touch buttons. I had to reset the soundbar twice for it to disappear and it hasn’t come back. However since this I have experienced a few issues which the retailer, LG or any search result on google can help me with.

1) The auto dim feature of the LCD display does not work and is permanently on. Which is quite distracting watching when watching a movie.

2) The 4k pass through (which has my Apple TV running through it) has become intermittent and slow to find the signal. The last two days it refuses to show up at all and I just get the “no signal” message. 

3) when selecting Dolby Atmos on my Xbox one X the audio sync is slightly out. Which again is distracting. 

LG chat support although waning to be helpful and supportive could not resolve my issue.
I’m Hoping it’s something straightforward that I have missed and someone here can kindly put me right. I will say tho the sound itself is fantastic. 
Many help or advice is very much appreciated. Thanks.

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG SL9YG Soundbar problems....

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-10 18:51:21 Vote Up0Vote Down

Ryland,

1) What is the model number to the TV?

2) What is the Video Settings set to on the Apple TV?

3) Is the Xbox connected directly to the TV or to sound bar?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RylandRyland Member
    Posted on 2019-07-10 22:19:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi JamalofLG! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and responding.
    Since posting I have managed to resolve the issues I have mentioned by doing another reset and then Leaving it unplugged from the mains for a little while. Everything seems good now and I am extremely pleased with the soundbar except for the audio sync when using Dolby atmos with the Xbox. Looking online about this and it appears it’s a known issue that Xbox need to address and not LG. So will just have to wait it out.
    Thanks again....
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-11 15:55:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    No problem. Thanks for the reply!

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!