Skip to Content

LG 75UK6200PLB Major CEC-bug

Problem I plug any CEC compatible device into any HDMI socket and turn on the CEC settings on both the LG TV and CEC device.

LG 75UK6200PLB Major CEC-bug

Posted on 2019-07-07 20:32:29 edited July 7 Super UHD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
Problem
I plug any CEC compatible device into any HDMI socket and turn on the CEC settings on both the LG TV and CEC device. Now if I turn on the CEC device by the power button on the CEC enabled devices remote (i.e Apple TV remote) or power button on the LG remote, everything is good.

If I turn on the TV by pressing 1 for Live TV then Live TV comes on and then 2 seconds later the CEC device is powered up and the input is switched from Live TV to the HDMI.

This happens with all CEC devices, I have tested a PS4, Apple TV and Switch and the same happen?

This is a major fault and a bug in the firmware on the LG TV not the CEC devices because this never happens on my Samsung TV.

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG 75UK6200PLB Major CEC-bug

bertybassettbertybassett Member
    Posted on 2019-07-07 20:38:53 edited July 7 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The TV is remembering the last HDMI source used when shutting down.  

The fix would be when CEC shuts down the TV the firmware should be clearing the last used CEC input.
  • Reply Title Icon

bertybassettbertybassett Member
    Posted on 2019-07-08 18:28:41 Vote Up0Vote Down
    no-buddy?  Guessing LG will never fix this, so I will return as faulty
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-08 20:54:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    bertybassett, this would be how the HDMI CEC works on the LG TV. You can try turning off the Auto Power Sync setting and it can help resolve the problem.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!