Skip to Content

With both the optical audio out and ARC HDMI all channels will create a popping sound

Equipment involved with this problem:

With both the optical audio out and ARC HDMI all channels will create a popping sound

Posted on 2019-07-10 15:27:05 1080p LED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
Equipment involved with this problem:
Deno DHT-S514 Soundbar
LG 75UK6570AUA TV
With all installed applications (Hulu, Amazon, etc) an intermittent popping sound will occur with the soundbar that increases with frequency over time and becomes rhythmic. The problem occurs with both optical audio output and HDMI ARC connections. The odd thing is it is not consistent and begins at random times. This does not occur when the television's speakers are being used and appears to be isolated to the soundbar.

Any ideas on why this could be occurring?

9 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: With both the optical audio out and ARC HDMI all channels will create a popping sound

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-10 16:37:43 Vote Up0Vote Down
    LGtvOwnerCA, would you be able to provide a clip of the sound? Would you have another TV to test the sound bar to see if it continues?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: With both the optical audio out and ARC HDMI all channels will create a popping sound

LGtvOwnerCALGtvOwnerCA Member
    Posted on 2019-07-10 18:26:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I suppose I could arrange to record a clip of the sound but it is the same "pop" you would hear when connecting or disconnecting a speaker. The soundbar has worked fine for years with other televisions. The odd part is that when the it starts is completely random, but it always increases in frequency once it starts.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-10 18:36:22 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Ok. If you can provide a clip, I will have it reviewed to see what can be the cause.

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-10 20:08:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Around second 5 is where it becomes noticeable. You will hear cheering (sporting event), a pause, and then the popping  sound. Notice it is not at a fixed interval. The gaps appear random but always increase in frequency.
    TV.zip 457.5K
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-10 20:40:21 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks. I have submitted it over for review.

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-11 17:09:46 Vote Up0Vote Down

LGtvOwnerCA, please message me your information and I will get service scheduled for this.

• Reply Title Icon

lisakel331lisakel331 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-16 17:14:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having the same problem with my sound plate.  I just purchased a new LG UHD AI Thin Q TV.  Connected the sound plate that was connected to the old Samsung and worked fine.  But now I get these loud random pops and then  it shuts down and then recycles and pops all over again.  Would it be the optical audio connection?   That is all that connects the tv to the plate.  
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-17 16:54:46 Vote Up0Vote Down
    lisakel331, what is the model number to the TV and to the sound plate?

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-23 14:16:35 Vote Up0Vote Down
    We switched to a Yamaha soundbar and the problem resolved itself. It simply appears that the Deno DHT-S514 soundbar and LG TV had some type of compatibility issue.