Skip to Content

Can You PLEASE Add this Video Feature?

There is nothing more annoying than watching movie video shot in portrait mode!

Can You PLEASE Add this Video Feature?

Posted on 2019-07-11 03:13:10 edited July 11 Cell Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
There is nothing more annoying than watching movie video shot in portrait mode! Especially when people send their videos to the local news and you have to watch it on TV.

How hard would it be to modify the movie software to default to landscape mode regardless of what position the phone is held? If holding the phone upright, the phone would just display the area caught on camera, blacking out the rest. You could add a button that allows the user to override the software if they actually like portrait mode.

The phone is easier to hold in portrait mode, that's for sure. But I think most people would still shoot in landscape mode if it was convenient.

Please send this up to your engineers. You really, really, really need to add this feature.

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Can You PLEASE Add this Video Feature?

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-11 19:27:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    DannyK, Thanks for the feedback. What device are you using?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

DannyKDannyK Member
    Posted on 2019-10-09 01:08:53 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have an LG Aristo 2 but this would be very easy for you guys to do. There is software out there that will do it for you, but it limits your field of vision and you don't end up with a good quality movie. If you were simply to have the camera do it and use the camera sensor, it would result in a much better quality picture. I'm also going to suggest this to Apple. Whoever abscess feature first will win a customer for life.
  • Reply Title Icon

DannyKDannyK Member
    Posted on 2019-10-09 01:13:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    ^^^ Whoever adds this feature first will win a customer for life.