Skip to Content

SmartShare content list mixes videos and pictures

I share pictures and videos from my PC with SmartShare. They are grouped in folders.

SmartShare content list mixes videos and pictures

Posted on 2019-07-11 16:14:31 TVs Vote Up0Vote Down

I share pictures and videos from my PC with SmartShare. They are grouped in folders. I can select and view everything on the TV, but SmartShare does not keep the content types apart, i.e. all picture folders and all video folders are in the same list. How can I control this?

12 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: SmartShare content list mixes videos and pictures

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-11 19:38:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Bisjer, I do not believe it to be possible as photos and videos are stored together. What is the model number to your TV? 

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

BisjerBisjer Member
    Posted on 2019-07-12 07:08:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you, Jamal. The TV is bought in Norway, model is 55UK6400PLF with webOS version 04.10.45. When I open Photos and Videos, I select the media server, then Video > Videos by folder and see all elements lumped together, pictures first and the video folders at the bottom. The list that I see is the same as in SmartShare Settings > My shared folders on the computer. 
  • Reply Title Icon

BisjerBisjer Member
    Posted on 2019-07-12 10:31:37 Vote Up0Vote Down
    When you replied "as photos and videos are stored together", does that mean that they show up in the same list by design and this cannot be changed?
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-12 15:51:01 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Bisjer, correct. When pulling when pulling up the folder, the videos and photos are all together and it isn't possible to separate.

• Reply Title Icon

BisjerBisjer Member
    Posted on 2019-07-12 18:57:25 Vote Up0Vote Down
    SmartShare does keep them apart on the PC, - one list under Movie and one under Photo. The lists don't mention their folder belonging, though, but as I said, they become merged in My shared files under SmartShare Settings and in the player list on the TV. So why does SmartShare Settings behave like that?
  • Reply Title Icon

BisjerBisjer Member
    Posted on 2019-07-14 16:28:21 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Let me expand Friday's comment. The two lists under SmartShare Movie and Photo contain the .mp4 and .jpg elements respectively; no mention of folders.  My shared files under Settings does show the movie and photo folders but merged into one list; I can click on each folder to see the elements. This merged list is also shown by the TV player when I request selection by folder, and whether I select photos or videos, I always get the complete list of all folders. When I ask for videos, however, the photo folders are shown as empty, and vice versa when I ask for photos.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-15 14:28:33 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Bisjer, are you using a Mac or PC for SmartShare?

• Reply Title Icon

BisjerBisjer Member
    Posted on 2019-07-15 16:33:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am using a Windows 7 PC.  The reason I wonder about why SmartShare cannot  present videos and pictures separately is that Windows Media Center handles it without difficulty.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-15 17:42:52 Vote Up0Vote Down

The TV would show the files as they are listed in the folders from the PC. Try rearranging the content in the folders in Smart Share on the PC. Once applied the changes should be updated on in the TV.

• Reply Title Icon

BisjerBisjer Member
    Posted on 2019-07-15 18:23:47 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The TV show all folders as they appear in My shared folders in SmartShare Settings, and I can click on them to see the elements inside. Not much I can or need to do about that, is it? In the SmartShare Movies list I see all videos without saying anything about their parent folders, same thing with Photos. I can capture screen shots if that can be of any help.
  • Reply Title Icon

BisjerBisjer Member
    Posted on 2019-07-15 19:01:01 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Enclosed please see PC screen shots.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-24 18:46:12 Vote Up0Vote Down

Having it reviewed, this would be the design of it SmartShare function. There would not be a way to change this.