Skip to Content

Purple light at top of screen

I literally just opened and set up my new LG UHD TV AI ThinQ 43UK63, and the top of the TV has a thin purple line of light across it and the physical top of the TV is curved upward in this same area.

Purple light at top of screen

Posted on 2019-07-12 01:03:43 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I literally just opened and set up my new LG UHD TV AI ThinQ 43UK63, and the top of the TV has a thin purple line of light across it and the physical top of the TV is curved upward in this same area. I cannot find anywhere online that says anything about this, and it makes me believe I have gotten a damaged product. I don't know if this is a setting that needs to be adjusted or if it a defect. PLEASE HELP!

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Purple light at top of screen

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-12 16:31:28 Vote Up0Vote Down

lilpeanut2010, if this happens across multiple inputs and the internal apps, there would be a problem with the TV an it would require service. If only on the STB, it may be signal related. Try a different input to see if the problem continues.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

dastoelkdastoelk Member
    Posted on 2019-07-19 03:00:49 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the same problem, and it is an issue with different inputs. My TV is only two years old! (Out of warranty.) But, still, I think I should be made whole if this is a defect. 
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-22 17:08:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    dastoelk, what is the model number to your TV?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!