Skip to Content

SH5 Soundbar LG Optical stops working with my (non-Smart) LG TV after switching off

I have a Non-Smart (no BT or Wifi) LG TV. I recently bought a SH5 soundbar and connected it to my LG TV via optical cable.

SH5 Soundbar LG Optical stops working with my (non-Smart) LG TV after switching off

Posted on 2018-01-02 06:53:41 Sound Bars & SoundPlates Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a Non-Smart (no BT or Wifi) LG TV. I recently bought a SH5 soundbar and connected it to my LG TV via optical cable. On TV sound setting menu, there is an LG Optical (sound sync) option. Everything worked fine, all connected, I could use LG TV remote to control the soundbar. But when I switch off TV (which switches off soundbar) and switch back on the TV, the soundbar switches back on and displays "LG OPT" for a few seconds - then sets volume to min - then changes display to "OPT".  TV remote no longer controls the soundbar, but I have to use the soundbar remote to control volume. If I go back to the TV sound setting menu and deselect LG Optical sync and then re-select LG Optical Sync it works again, and I can use TV remote. I don't want to keep going to my TV settings every time I switch on the TV. Is this a fault with SH5 soundbar or is this normal?

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: SH5 Soundbar LG Optical stops working with my (non-Smart) LG TV after switching off

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-09-17 19:22:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @mojo,

What model TV do you have?

From older TV's this may be how it was set to work with the optical cable. How are you setting up the remote to control the sound bar?