Skip to Content

Audio Only on HD channels??

Hi, I have an LG smart TV with the FIOS cable directly connected (i.e., no cable box.)  Recently I noticed that one of the HD channels plays sound but no …

Audio Only on HD channels??

Posted on 2019-07-13 20:53:33 TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi,
I have an LG smart TV with the FIOS cable directly connected (i.e., no cable box.)  Recently I noticed that one of the HD channels plays sound but no picture - just a box floating around with the LG logo that says "Audio only."  Now this is happening on all of the HD channels.  I tried plugging the same cable into another LG TV and it worked fine, so it seems to be the TV itself.  Any ideas what the problem might be?  Not looking forward to lugging it somewhere to be repaired if I don't have to.  Thanks!
Tagged:

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Audio Only on HD channels??

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-16 18:48:03 Vote Up0Vote Down
    mrsdeanwormer, if connected to the Live TV input, I would recommend opening up the channel manager on the TV and see what the signal strength is listed as for your HD channels. Do the standard channels work fine on this LG TV?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

mrsdeanwormermrsdeanwormer Member
    Posted on 2019-07-19 00:59:55 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi thanks for responding.  The signal strength is 100% (and it says "audio only" in the channel manager as well.)  The regular channels all work fine.  I can also stream (Apple TV) in hi-def no problem. I consulted with the TV guys at Best Buy (where I bought the TV although it's not under warranty anymore so they don't have any reason to be biased) and they think it's the FIOS signal.  This occurred right after a thunderstorm right around the time that we also lost wifi.  Wifi is back but HD not.  Also, one of our other TVs did the same thing but I re-scanned the channels and the HD came right back.  I've re-scanned this one about 25 times with no luck.
    I think I need to call FIOS again and/or get them out here.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-22 17:06:45 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Ok. If you need further assistance, we are here to help.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!