Skip to Content

LG G5 Battery change problem

I purchased a new battery for my LG G5. I installed it correctly.

LG G5 Battery change problem

Posted on 2019-07-15 03:29:25 Cell Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
I purchased a new battery for my LG G5. I installed it correctly. When I plugged it in to charge the phone all the came up on the screen was a battery picture with a big question mark inside of it and it was flashing. That's all it does. The phone doesn't seem to be charging I can't turn it on with the new battery in it and it just keeps showing the flashing? Inside of a battery. Is there something else I need to do when changing over to a new battery.?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG G5 Battery change problem

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-15 20:13:29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Auntiesue, it seems the battery is incompatible for you carrier. Where was the battery purchased? Who is your carrier?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG G5 Battery change problem

AuntiesueAuntiesue Member
    Posted on 2019-08-05 10:56:47 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Wrong battery for my carrier???? Craziest thing i have heard in a long time. I bought the exact same battery that originally came with the phone from an approved LG dealer. My guess is the battery itself sat too long and is probably just as old as the one i had in the phone. I finally got it to charge but it dies in about 2 hours if i surf the web....old battery only lasted an hour so i guess its a bit better but not like when i first got the phone.