Skip to Content

Random wattage spikes

WT7700HA Had this washer (and an LG dryer) for quite a while.  works perfectly.  My only annoyance is I can't here the 'was finished' notification.  To solve that, I bought a Smart Plug connected to Smartthings with notifications based on watts.  I should get a notification every time the watts go above and below 3  Works perfectly.  Chimes when the washer starts and stops.

Random wattage spikes

Posted on 2019-07-15 17:43:48 Washers Vote Up0Vote Down
WT7700HA
Had this washer (and an LG dryer) for quite a while.  works perfectly.  My only annoyance is I can't here the 'was finished' notification.  To solve that, I bought a Smart Plug connected to Smartthings with notifications based on watts.  I should get a notification every time the watts go above and below 3  Works perfectly.  Chimes when the washer starts and stops.

Here is my problem. Several times a day I get a notification the watts have dropped below 3 even though no one is in the basement with the dryer.  It just seems to spike for <1 second.  Any ideas what is causing this wattage spike.  FWIW, the washer instrument panel doesn't light up with the wattage spikes.

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Random wattage spikes

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-15 18:51:17 Vote Up0Vote Down
    required_username, is the unit in use when the happens?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-15 19:29:58 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Plugged in, yes.  In use, no.   I'll get notifications when I'm 20 miles away from home.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-15 19:31:32 Vote Up0Vote Down
    BTW, I can watch wattage in Smartthings app when I'm upstairs and the washer is downstairs and see the spikes.