Skip to Content

Is there a list of television models with RS232 support or open IP protocol support?

RS232 ports used to be standard fare on LG televisions but they are getting harder and harder to find. 

Is there a list of television models with RS232 support or open IP protocol support?

Posted on 2019-07-16 08:56:03 TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
RS232 ports used to be standard fare on LG televisions but they are getting harder and harder to find. 

I am looking for a list of models that either have true RS232 jacks or support an open IP protocol that permits the television to be TURNED ON (RS232 to USB on LG televisions are powered off when the television is off so you can't turn the television on with a 232 command) via RS232 or IP command.

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Is there a list of television models with RS232 support or open IP protocol support?

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-16 17:02:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    fiasco, I would not have a list of TVs that would support the RS232 functions but I research any models you have in question for compatibility. Where you looking at commercial or residential units?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Is there a list of television models with RS232 support or open IP protocol support?

marcosj740marcosj740 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-21 01:25:17 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Mi televisor no da imagen per está el sensor encendido en verde el modelo de mi tv es 60LB5200
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-22 18:24:23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    marcosj740, do you get any audio on the TV when its turned on?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!