Skip to Content

Speakers won't automatically connect to Bluetooth

I have successfully connected my Bluetooth speakers to my UM7300 TV, but once I turn off the TV and then turn it back on, it will not auto connect to the…

Speakers won't automatically connect to Bluetooth

Posted on 2019-07-16 19:51:44 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I have successfully connected my Bluetooth speakers to my UM7300 TV, but once I turn off the TV and then turn it back on, it will not auto connect to the speakers.  I have to manually connect every time.  This is a procedure I am not happy with.  Is there something I am not doing right?

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Speakers won't automatically connect to Bluetooth

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-18 20:36:55 Vote Up0Vote Down
    johnac, what is the model number to the sound bar you're using? How far is the sound bar from the TV?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

johnacjohnac Member
    Posted on 2019-07-19 19:42:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It is not a sound bar, these are Edifier R1850DB active bookshelf speakers with bluetooth and Optical Input with a built-in amplifier.  They are within 8" either side of the TV.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-22 17:34:32 Vote Up0Vote Down
    johnac, is the TV's sound still set to Bluetooth when powered on, or does it default back to the internal TV speakers.

• Reply Title Icon

johnacjohnac Member
    Posted on 2019-07-22 20:25:17 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It defaults back to the internal speakers.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-24 17:12:00 Vote Up-10Vote Down

Do the speakers turn on when the TV is powered on? If so, do an A/V reset on the TV. You would do this by pressing the MUTE button 3 times on the LG remote and selecting A/V reset in the menu. This would reset the sound and picture settings back to the factory default.

If they do not turn on, this would need to be addressed on the speaker's end.

johnacStevePippin

• Reply Title Icon

johnacjohnac Member
    Posted on 2019-07-25 13:29:44 edited July 25 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I reset the A/V as you described.  I then selected Bluetooth from the TV sound menu and connected my speakers.  I then turned off the TV, turned back on and was returned to the TV internal speakers.  This is what the Bluetooth menu looked like.  (My bluetooth speakers are always powered on and ready to accept a signal.)
    StevePippin
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-08-02 16:31:15 Vote Up0Vote Down
    johnac, Would you have another Bluetooth headset or device you can connect to the TV to see if the problem continues when power on/off?

• Reply Title Icon

johnacjohnac Member
    Posted on 2019-08-03 14:28:50 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes, I have been using a Bluetooth headset regularly without issue.  However, it is different as it just automatically connects without even showing on the Bluetooth menu in the photo above and it is not controlled by the TV volume.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-08-06 14:13:12 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    There would be a compatibility problem between the TV and the speakers then. It should automatically connect every time to the speakers once setup. as it is doing with the Bluetooth headset.  
    StevePippin

• Reply Title Icon

johnacjohnac Member
    Posted on 2019-08-06 16:31:43 Vote Up5Vote Down
    That doesn't seem right as the speakers are showing up on the menu as previously connected, but I need to manually connect them every time.  
    StevePippin
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-08-07 14:36:07 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    I'm not referring to working with the TV but as connecting automatically. There is something in the Bluetooth software keeping the 2 for communicating and connecting automatically.
    johnac

• Reply Title Icon

StevePippinStevePippin Member
    Posted on 2019-08-07 18:59:51 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I guess EVERY set of BT bookshelf speakers must have compatibility issues, because the Insignia speakers I just purchased do the same thing?  That makes no sense.  What does the speaker type have to do with the TV defaulting back to internal speakers after being powered off?  
  • Reply Title Icon

johnacjohnac Member
    Posted on 2019-08-08 13:23:58 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I just tried another set of Bluetooth speakers (another brand) and they would not automatically connect either.  Seems the issue is with the TV software.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-08-08 13:24:41 Vote Up0Vote Down

StevePippin, I say compatibility because the devices connect, jest not automatically. For example, with a Bluetooth sound bar or headset you can connect it to the TV and when the TV turns off and back on the sound bar or headset will sync with the TV automatically, when in range and available, because the TV remembers it was connected to the device via Bluetooth and vice versa.

If the bookshelf speakers are visible to the TV but the TV never connects automatically, there is something within the speaker's settings preventing the TV from connecting and it defaults back to the internal TV speakers.

There wouldn't be a problem with the Bluetooth on the TV since it connects automatically to another Bluetooth device automatically and it connects to the bookshelf speakers when performed manually.  

• Reply Title Icon

Luc1dLuc1d Member
    Posted on 2019-08-08 22:17:37 edited August 8 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I came here due to having the same issue with a Bluetooth Soundbar, sitting directly in front of the TV. Will not auto connect after TV is turned off and back on. TV is LG49SK80; Soundbar is Samsung HW-M360/ZA.