Skip to Content

LG Split (AC/Heat) wall unit, Model LAN150HYV2. Will not connect to Wifi or Smart ThinQ

I have a new LG Split (AC/Heat) wall unit, Model LAN150HYV2.

LG Split (AC/Heat) wall unit, Model LAN150HYV2. Will not connect to Wifi or Smart ThinQ

Posted on 2019-07-17 16:47:35 Smart ThinQ Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a new LG Split (AC/Heat) wall unit, Model LAN150HYV2. I have been told by LG support (2 different people) that this unit is wifi capable but I cannot connect it to my home router/wifi system, so I cannot use the app Smart ThinkQ to control system. I have numerous products (Bose, Nest, Amazon Alexa, etc) that are connected to my wifi and operate perfectly. Does anyone have any suggestions? It says unit will only connect to 2.4 wifi networks however my wifi is now a "blended" 2.4 & 5.0 network (like everyone else using Comcast Xfinity) that seamlessly switched between 2.4 & 5.0 as needed. Is this the problem? Is there a solution...to my knowledge all new routers and wifi's are using 5.0. so if it can't connect then the system app is useless and there is no way to control it remotely. Help Please.

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG Split (AC/Heat) wall unit, Model LAN150HYV2. Will not connect to Wifi or Smart ThinQ

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-18 16:11:28 Vote Up0Vote Down
    davidgpete, If you have a 2nd device with Hotspot, I would recommend connecting your device through the Hotspot and set the unit up again in Smart ThinQ to see if the unit updates once connected.   

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!