Skip to Content

How to unlock a Nexus 9 tablet

I purchased a Nexus 9 tablet from a friend of mine and she didn't remember the password to unlock it...

How to unlock a Nexus 9 tablet

Posted on 2019-07-17 17:40:33 Tablets Vote Up0Vote Down
I purchased a Nexus 9 tablet from a friend of mine and she didn't remember the password to unlock it... I did a factory reset on the tablet and now it tells me to input the Google information that was previously used to start the tablet... How do I fix this problem...???

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: How to unlock a Nexus 9 tablet

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-18 16:02:11 Vote Up0Vote Down
    BradTeague, your friend would need to login in with the original Google information in order for the password to be reset. If they do not remember the login info, the tablet would need to be sent in for service.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

BradTeagueBradTeague Member
    Posted on 2019-07-18 23:23:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Out of all do respect sir... I don't believe that it needs to be serviced... I'm 100% sure that it can be fixed without having to send it anywhere... You're just trying to get it in your possession to make sure it's not stolen and then you are going to charge me a service fee and whatever y'all plan on charging to change a part to have a reason for the charges plus the shipping costs... Where would I have to take it to have this mysterious servicing you claim it needs...??? Everything works on the thing... It just needs to be unlocked cause I factory reset it...
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-22 17:02:42 Vote Up0Vote Down

If the passcode is forgotten, the backup for the password would be resetting the device through Google. Since your friend does not remember the software would need to be reset to bypass the lock from Google.

Yes, certain information would be needed to prove ownership of the device, but wouldn't be much of a lock if anyone can unlock it.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!