Skip to Content

Lg washer spin only adding water

When we use spin only on the washing machine it just adds water and spin slowly. It is not draining.

Lg washer spin only adding water

Posted on 2019-07-17 19:19:16 Help & Troubleshooting Vote Up0Vote Down
When we use spin only on the washing machine it just adds water and spin slowly. It is not draining. If we pause and restart the process it drains all the water and starts the process all over again. Any idea what this might be?

12 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Lg washer spin only adding water

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-17 20:48:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Blacsmith, what is the model number to the unit? Does it display any error code when it spins slowly?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-10-13 02:54:54 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My washer is doing the same thing. Put on for spin only. Fills drum with water then slowly spins and drains. No error code on the display.
  • Reply Title Icon

Harmony2019Harmony2019 Member
    Posted on 2019-10-20 00:03:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    How do you do spin only? I have a top load washer True Balance.  It says to press the “special use” button..I don’t have one??? I need to just drain the water from the clothes and it’s not doing it..water keeps going in when I click the “spin only” button but this add water in again. What the heck?!
  • Reply Title Icon

darcydmdarcydm Member
    Posted on 2019-10-23 23:39:03 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm right there with you, "Harmony"! 

We have an LG WT7200CW top loader that has become "unbalanced" at least five times this afternoon.  The load contains five bath towels and two or three hand towels.  I've manually re-balanced the load three times, even though it looks perfectly dispersed already.  Each time, the machine's solution is to refill with water -- all the way to the top -- agitate for a bit, then choke during the drain-and-spin portion.  I can only imagine how much water this so-called water-and-energy conserving machine is wasting today... and it's STILL not done! 

I would just wring them out and throw them in the dryer (an LG DLE7200WE), but it takes forever to dry even barely damp loads as it is.  Really not impressed with LG today!
  • Reply Title Icon

Harmony2019Harmony2019 Member
    Posted on 2019-10-30 17:58:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Darcydm...yes very frustrating indeed...My temporary solution was to put in fewer sheets or towels when doing that type of load...alittle inconvenient but working fine when putting in less.
  • Reply Title Icon

MrsNicholMrsNichol Member
    Posted on 2019-11-26 19:11:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My new washer also is doing something similar. I pushed the special care spin only button and it adds water all the way to the top and does a bit of agitation and does not drain. Why is it adding water and why is it adding sooo much water on a spin only cycle? Model is Wt7600ha
  • Reply Title Icon

MrsNicholMrsNichol Member
    Posted on 2019-11-26 19:12:26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    No error codes present either!
  • Reply Title Icon

t0lkmant0lkman Member
    Posted on 2019-12-15 05:54:43 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Any solution? Our washer also adds water on spin only mode. (Top load wt7600hka)

• Reply Title Icon

mom2fivemom2five Member
    Posted on 2019-12-31 17:31:44 edited December 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Any solution? I am having the same issue. Top Load WT1201CV
  • Reply Title Icon

ChelleBChelleB Member
    Posted on 2020-01-01 16:04:20 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same problem here. I've been staring at this machine for 2days. Any solution found? So much water on a spin only 😳🙄 LG please help!
  • Reply Title Icon

arrow215arrow215 Member
    Posted on 2020-01-12 21:19:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This just happened to me. Occurred after a Ue error where load was not balanced. I tried a “spin only” and it just kept spinning and adding water, repeatedly. To reset, I read somewhere to run an empty load of “Rinse+Spin,” which I just finished and had no issues. 
  • Reply Title Icon

mtonti05mtonti05 Member
    Posted on 2020-01-12 21:47:37 Vote Up0Vote Down
    In in the same boat here now with 2 pillows and then removed 1. So now 1 pillow!